Cabin In The Woods

Voila! Another chapter! LOL at the title ^

So I've been thinking, to make it easier for you all i'm going to be putting the youtube video of the song of the chapter up above^. This way you don't have to waste time by searching for it. 

Song of the Chapter: It's Good by Ethel And The Chordtones ft. Ryan Levine

Remember to READ, COMMENT and VOTE!

I opened my eyes, after what felt like eternity. I gasped for air. 

"Elena?" I heard a voice. I looked to the side and saw a familiar face. Stef-

"Andrew." I exhaled. "Oh god, I thought we were goners back there." 

Andrew's shirt was ripped from the arm, I noticed as he assisted Vanessa to her feet. Cameron was kneeling on the ground, gathering our bags into one pile. He held a blood bottle in his hand. He looked at the possessions and sighed. 

"Do you bloodsuckers need blood to suck?" He offered. 

"Don't mind if I do" Vanessa took the bottle and gulped the red liquid down.

"So. Are we still in the middle of nowhere?" I discerned we were in a clearing but trees still surrounded us. Not a single building in sight. 

"Yep. But not in wolf territory. The cabin is up that hill, behind the tree." Cameron pointed toward a very large tree, almost thrice as high as the normal ones. He then handed out the now dirty bags to Andrew and Vanessa. I examined the area. The trees were dark and tall. Leafs were crunched on the ground along with the rich soil. Among the trees, the owl with long ears sat calmly. As if intently watching us. It's eyes met mine, and I held the gaze. The owl tilted its head sideways, pupils enlarging. Something was off about the owl. I frowned, puzzled, when a hand touched my shoulder from behind. 

"Let's go" Andrew looked into my eyes, searching for  response. I smiled back. We all started to walk up the hill to the huge tree, but as we went I turned to look back at the owl. It was gone. 

*

*

Cameron's POV

I held my bag in my hand and walked up the familiar route. My childhood home. No one knew I grew up here. Not even Andrew. It felt weird even thinking about it. The cabin was beginning to appear behind all the trees, situated in the dense forest. It was made of carefully carved logs of spruce. Beautifully decorated and beside a lake. I used to play around near the trees. I even remember some of the trees I drew on. But now my childhood materials are hidden in another location leaving no trace of my existence in the place. I noticed Elena walking at the back, and Andrew alternatively looking at her from the corner of his eyes. There was something between the two. 

"Wow" Elena's eyes were lit up with amazement, then slowly her eyes turned sad. Vanessa noticed too.

"What happened? Not impressed?" Vanessa joked but expressed her worry just fine. 

"No...it just looks alot like my family lake house." I saw her eyes tear up. She then quickly smiled and added "It's beautiful though"

"Well it is a witch house." I proudly mentioned, taking a bow.  

Andrew gave my a friendly punch in the arm. We both laughed and headed towards the cabin. As we walked, my hands gripped the key tightly in my pocket. 

Vanessa's POV

I watched as Cameron laughed, stepping on the white pebble trail to the front door. His smile created a piece of art that I admired whole-heartedly.