10 things to help reduce anxiety (and/or) stress

So these are more for relaxation, stress relief, or for people who suffer from anxiety like I do. But they really work for anyone. These are just some tips that have been helping me with my anxiety and stress recently. OML guys the response to this book is amazing! Your comments make my day! Ilysfm!

1. Try to imagine 4 things you can see, 3 things you can feel, two things you can hear, and one thing you can smell. This just helps me relax when I'm stressed or feeling anxious.

2. Turn on a calming movie or calming music. Studio Ghibli movies are my favorite to watch when I'm stressed and for music, my favorites are Vallis Alps, The Antlers, Grizzly Bear, Keaton Henson, and Halsey (particularly Room 93 bcus it has very relaxed calming songs.)

3. Make sure you get enough sleep. When I don't get enough sleep I find myself to be more anxious, irritable, and stressed out. You should be getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a day. (How to sleep good list coming at ya soon btw.)

4. Make sure you get outside. It sounds stupid but whenever I'm having anxiety or having a panic attack (once I get to the point of being able to control my thoughts) it helps to go outside. Sometimes I like to go on nature walks by myself or with my older sister and pick flowers.

5. Do something to take your mind off of it. For me it's either hanging out with someone (like a friend or my sister who understands), or drawing, or watching a movie. Anything that's calm and relaxing to you.

6. Getting rid or the drama in your life helps tons. For me, I had to let go of the people who didn't accept me for who I am or we're constantly dragging me into the circle of drama (or tell them to dial it down a bit.) But it helped a lot.

7. Having time alone is one of he most important things. (My homies with anxiety feel me on this one.) While socializing with people helps some people (like myself,) being alone also helps a lot. It gives you time to just unwind and relax. (Especially when you're having an anxiety/panic attack).

8. Make sure to give yourself a break. School can be really stressful (it generally tends to heighten my anxiety.) Sometimes you need to take me talk health days to give yourself a break from everyone and everything.

9. Keeping your room clean (at least for me) really helps with stress. I can't function properly in a messy or cluttered area so once a month I deep clean and get rid of all the extra things I don't need.

10. Surround yourself with people and things that make you happy and give you freedom to be you and let go of anyone who doesn't. (Besides your parents.)

I hope you guys liked this list! It took me about an hour but I feel like it's really good and has some good tips. Ilysfm and thank you for reading. Soon I'm going to do a list for how to get good sleep. (Either tonight, tomorrow, or sometime really soon. I'm gonna try to be more committed to this book because it seems to be helping you guys out (and me too.) I'm also getting my bunny in 6 days! We have to wait till she's two months old to get her and she will be in just 6 days! I'm so excited! Her name is Honey btw and she's a holland Lop. (I put a picture of her above. My Instagram has lots of pictures too. (@/peachyaurora)