Ten Kisses by freak.on.a.leash.13

Start from the beginning

"Don't sound so sure Evans. You weren't saying that just a minute ago." he reminded.

"My mouth was otherwise occupied. Thanks to you."

"And it could be again any time-"

"Shut it Potter." she said warningly.

"If that's how you want to be, then I bet I can kiss more than once."

"Really, how many times exactly?" she asked critically, even if he was insane, this degree of insanity was somewhat entertaining.

"Hmm...ten times."

"Ten times? What have you been drinking?" she laughed, walking away again.

James caught up. "We have to make that wager."

"The one that involves you kissing me ten times." Lily said in mock seriousness.

James ignored her obvious amusement. "Yes that one."

"This should be interesting."

"If I can kiss you ten times, and have you kiss me back by the end of the year, you have to be my girlfriend."

Lily tilted her head, observing him. He was really serious. Sad, really.

"What if you can't, what do I get?"

"I'll never speak another word to you as long as I live."

Lily spun around, facing him. "It's a deal. But by the end of the first semester, not the whole year. That's way to easy. And that kiss didn't count."

"Deal. Any other guidelines I should know about?"

"You can't count baby kisses. It has to be open mouth. Not that it'll be happening."

"Very strict rules there Evans, are you sure you aren't secretly excited about this?" he teased. She ignored him.

"And we have to agree on whether it counts. We should get a third party to help. Because obviously we will have conflicting opinions."

"Okay, we can ask Sirius."

"No, he'll take your side!" she cried, outraged.

"Okay, Remus, or Peter."

"How about Alice?"

"No, girls stick together on these things."

Lily glared at him a minute, then sighed. "Okay, we can use your friends only if they promise to be fair."

"They will be, you have my word."

"For what it counts."

"What does that mean?" he said offended.

"It means that you're a man, and the word of men cannot be trusted."

"So it isn't just me?"

"It's mostly you." she replied.

"When does this wager start Evans?"

"It starts tomorrow. Don't get to excited, you are going to lose." she said confidently.

"We'll see about that."

Lily turned and walked away, wondering what she had gotten her self into.

Chapter Two

Lily sighed dramatically, sitting down next to Alice at the table. She had been dreading meal time all day, it meant seeing James. How had she messed up so bad in the first week at school? Seventh year was supposed to be great, she got head girl, James was head boy, but it wouldn't dampen her joy of being head girl. Not when she wouldn't be speaking to him again after the end of the semester.