"So Prince Charming is trying to save his girl." Maci teased.

His girl?

By this point there were a few guys standing next to us. I recognized them as Liam, Josh, and Matt. They all stood with Ryder. They weren't close friends with me but I still talked to them.

"Told you." Ryder muttered under his breath so only I heard.

I didn't respond. I looked at Maci who had a smirk on her face.

"C'mon girls. Let's go, Charming foiled our plans." Maci said and she and the girls turned away as they started walking, "I'll get you later, Delani." She yelled back.

Once the girls were out of sight, Ryder turned to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes wandering around my face.
"I'm fine." I breathed as I ran my hand through my hair and looked at the ground.

"Why didn't you go with someone?" He asked and my only answer was a shrug.

"What the hell was that about?" Liam  asked.
"Long story..." I sighed.
"She jealous or something?" Matt asked.
"I really don't know." I lied.
"Probably... I mean she's had a crush on Ryder for how long now." Liam pointed out.

"True and the fact that he talks to you and Bella more than he makes her jealous." Matt said.

We all nodded our heads in agreement.

"Well, we should be heading to the field." Josh said, the other two nodded and waved bye before walking away.
"I should head out front. Mom is going to be waiting for me." I said as I went to turn.

Ryder grabbed my hand.

"I don't want you to go alone." He said.

I turned to look at him.

"But you have to get to the field." I said.
"So? I could still walk you there." He said.
"Wouldn't Coach Mendoza be upset? I mean you are the captain of the team." I pointed out.
"Freshman captain of the team. There's a sophomore captain as well. Anyway, I could just tell him that I had to meet with a teacher." He suggested.
"No... I'll just come with you and tell my mom to pick me up at the fields." I said as I was checking the time,"Besides, my 'meeting' should be over in like an hour."
"What are you going to do at the field for that long?" He asked.
"Homework." I said.
"I guess that works." He said, then as if he just noticed, he saw our hands and let go as a small blush appeared on his face.
"C'mon let's go to the field." I said as I chuckled quietly.

He nodded, a small smirk on his face, and picked up his stuff before we started for the field.

*timeskip*

We reached the fields and I headed to the bleachers.

"Fuentes!" Coach Mendoza yelled.
"Told ya." I said as Ryder walked passed and earned a small glare from him.
"Yes coach?" He asked.
"Where were you?" He asked.
"I was talking to a teacher about something that I didn't understand on the homework." He lied.

Coach Mendoza glared at him and pointed to the dugout. His glance shifted to me.

"Who are you?" He asked.
"Um... My name is Delani..." I said.
"Why are you here?" He asked.
"Um...," I looked past him to see Ryder watching.
"Well?" He asked.
"Do you want the truth or the lie?" I asked as I saw Ryder's eyes widen before I glanced at Coach Mendoza.
"Truth." He said.
"I was going to get beat up, but Ryder and a few of his friends were there to stop them and he didn't want me to be by myself while I waited for my mom to pick me up, so we were discussing what I was going to do." I explained.

Coach was silent for a while.

"Fuentes!" He yelled causing Ryder to duck behind the wall.

Ryder waited for a bit then rushed out.

"Yes coach?" He asked.
"Why didn't you just tell me that?" He asked, I could hear a small laugh in his voice.
"Tell you what?" Ryder asked.
"That you were worried about your friend." Coach said.
"I thought you would get annoyed since it had nothing to do with school." He admitted.
"Yes, but you saved your friend here from being beat up. I wouldn't have minded that as an excuse." He said.
"Sorry." Ryder breathed.
"Now get going, practice will start soon." Coach said as he pointed to the field and Ryder ran off,"Now you be careful, Delani, you better report what happened to the office." Coach said as he turned to me.
"I will." I said before he turned and walked away.

No I won't...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the second chapter! Sorry it took a while for me to post it. I was debating if I wanted to post a chapter every week or after I finish a chapter so I can stay at least 5 or 6 chapters ahead of what I'm posting. 

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter! Leave a comment or a vote (if you want). 

See you guys in the next chapter!

~Haley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~