Chapter 1: Countdown

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

~Peace P/O/V~

I bite my pen as I watch the minute hand on the clock tick by slowly. The countdown begins in my head

20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13

"Okay class pack up your stuff the bell should be ringing in about 10 seconds" says Mr.Horan my spanish teacher

I put the pen down and began to drum my fingers on the desk still counting down the seconds until the bell rang announcing the end of school. I had my backpack packed and ready to go.

were was I? oh yeah

10......9......8......7......6......5......4......3......2....

We all ran out of the classroom before the bell rang. It was officially June 1st the last day of school. What can I say we all wanted to leave this prison that they call school. Sure I loved it here but I always felt like a prisoner and I was tired of wearing this school uniform.

The moment I get to my locker I tear my school shirt off (literally) and swapped it for my "I don't like Mondays" Tee. I stuffed my school shirt in my bag and walked to the ladies room to change into my ripped black skinnies. After checking the mirror to make sure that my mascara and black lipstick hadn't smeared I laced up my military boots and walked back into the hallway, which was completely packed.

That's when I feel a strong pair of arms around my waist and a head on my shoulder.

Jamie Fostor.

"Hey" he says as he whirls me around. Jamie is tall for a sixteen year old sophomore. I still remember when he was a chubby little kid and the way girls made fun of him in the 6th grade, now they swoon at the sight of him, they all worship him. Even me.

I mean how can you not worship Jamie Fostor?

He is a 6'0 tall wall of muscle.Not that he's on steroids or anything. He has killer blue eyes, and great six pack abs to match, plus his lips are the right shade of pink and they are full, but not too full.

OK, so I'm obsessed with him, but it's not my fault he's so smokin hot.

"Earth to Peace" he says as he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Jamie put me down !!!" I say wiggling around on his back trying in vain to get free.

"Not until we get to Eurydice's locker" he says

" Ugh fine, just as long as you loosen your grip my shirt is getting wrinkled"

"We're almost there" he says as he makes a left turn barely missing a basketball that went flying through the air.

"What's up" I say as Jamie sets me down at Eurydice's locker.

"Oh, hey" she says turning around "I haven't seen you guys all day."

"Umm, I'm pretty sure we just ate lunch together" Jamie replies

"Oh yeah" says Eurydice as she laughs at her own mistake.

I mentally ask myself why me and Eurydice had become friends, then it all comes rushing back. Me and my mom had just moved here from New York to start all over. To forgot about my moms alcoholic ex and her past flings. It was my first day at Holmes Middle school and so far I hadn't made any friends.Then at lunch time I realized that I was one out of only about 10 black kids. I looked around for a place to sit only to be shunned by most of the tables except for one. The table with the brown haired, blue eyed girl named Eurydice.

All of a sudden my thoughts are interrupted as the hallway becomes hushed. I turn around to see what's going on only to find Ares, Eurydice's older brother heading towards us.

I felt my temperature rise instantly.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Hi guys I really hope you're enjoying this book so far, please don't be shy, comment below.