Chapter 24: Thought

You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

* * * *

Nate's POV

"Mister man of the hour!" John exclaimed as he opened the door, "What's up bro!"

We slapped hands together, colliding our shoulders together in a somewhat hug, "Man, a lot." I stepped inside our shared house.

"So how'd you tell her?" He asked, leading us into the living room.

We both simultaneously plopped down on the couch, he was already rolling a blunt, "I took her to our little thinking spot on the roof."

"The roof she fell in love with when we moved here?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yup." I chuckled softly, "Anyways it was like eating me up inside. I didn't wanna tell her because I was so damn nervous but I ended up telling her."

"How'd she react?" He finished rolling the blunt and placed in between his lips and lit it with a Skaterade lighter.

"She knew already man." I looked over at him.

His eyes widen and he exhaled the smoke, passing it to me, "I didn't tell her."

I inhaled the blunt, holding the smoke for a few seconds before I exhaled, "I know, Janelle had brought up the idea of me loving her. Apparently, like you said, it's in the way I look at her."

He pointed at me, raising his eyebrows, "I told you bro."

I chuckled, rolling my eyes as I took another hit, "Anyway, I finally kissed her."

John rose his eyebrows, "This is crazy." He chuckled, "Did you nut immediately?"

I rolled my eyes as I laughed, passing the blunt back to him, "Shut the fuck up bro," I shook my head, "It was amazing man. It felt so good to get all that shit off my chest. I know I didn't do the best with my words but I know she knew what I wanted to say."

"She always does." John commented.

I nodded, "Exactly. But," I looked down at my lap as I leaned back against the couch, "She doesn't wanna take it to the next level."

"Why not?" He furrowed his eyebrows, exhaling. A huge white smoke cloud surrounding his face.

"She's still scared because of how close we are. She doesn't wanna ruin our friendship."

"I mean it's understandable but she should atleast try."

I shrugged, "I'm not gonna stress it. She knows my feelings for her and that's all that mattered to me."

John nodded and passed me the blunt again, "We should celebrate man. Hit up a club before we have to head to the studio all day tomorrow." He suggested.

I watched the smoke flow out of my mouth smoothly, "Sounds like a plan."

* * * *

Malia's POV

"Bitch!" Janelle exclaimed in excitement as she slapped my upper arm, "He finally said it!"