Prologue;

Don't
Don't play with her, don't be dishonest
Still not understanding this logic

* * * *

"Sorry, can't make it tonight. Really busy, I'll see you tomorrow."

It's like he didn't even know or care what the day was. Like Malia meant nothing to him anymore. Malia's been with Travis for three years, starting today. What could be more important than their anniversary?

Malia's dealt with a lot of shit from him, but she felt like she just couldn't leave him and he knew that. He took advantage of her love for him. It was almost like in Malia's eyes he could do no wrong, she'd always have his back no matter what.

Her friends don't get it, her family doesn't get it, hell she doesn't even get it. But she's been with him for so long, it's like she doesn't know anything else other than Travis.

Malia loved him so much, maybe too much. She used to believe the feeling was mutual but lately? He's been distant and she doesn't wanna believe it's because he's cheating. That's the last thing she wants to believe, that would honestly crush her.

Malia sighed and threw her phone down beside herself on the couch. She ran her hand through the roots of her hair, tugging on it in frustration.

She finally stood up and walked to the dining room of my apartment and looked at the beautifully decorated table.

Malia had everything set up perfectly. She had prepared a nice steak dinner with some of his favorite sides with candles and champagne on ice. She even got all dolled up, wearing his favorite red bodycon dress with black heels. Total waste of time.

Malia pulled her curly hair back and blew out the candles, putting up the food. Malia couldn't even cry, she was used to him disappointing her lately.

Malia's phone began to ring and she got instantly excited, hoping it was Travis telling her that he was only joking and was on his way home now. She ran as fast as she possibly could in her heels and grabbed her phone to quickly answer it before it was sent to voicemail.

Come to find out it was only her best friend, Nate.

"Hey," Malia sighed in disappointment,

Nate chuckled softly, "Woah, what's up with the sad tone? Not happy to hear from me?" He joked.

"No it's not that,"

"What is it?" His tone became more serious.

Malia exhaled deeply, "Today's Travis and I's three year anniversary and he's not even here to spend it with me." She felt her heart break, saying it out-loud made it hurt worse.

"Damn, Malia I'm so sorry." He sighed, he hated knowing she was upset because of Travis.

"I made this nice dinner for us and got all dressed up for nothing, this is bullshit." Malia groaned, pouting faintly.

"Give me 10 minutes, put the food back out. I won't let you spend tonight by yourself." And with that he hung up before she could even object like he knew she would.

Leave it to Nate to save the day. He's been there for Malia since as long as they could remember. Through all her douchebag boyfriends, all the sleepless nights, all the heartbreaks, all the crying, he was there for Malia.