Chapter 4: I'm Done

Light up a spliff and get high
Shawty you deserve what you been missing
Looking at you I'm thinking he must be tripping

* * * *

3:45am

"I think we should head back now, I'm so tired." Malia sighed, finding it hard to keep her eyes open.

Their high had reached a low and they were now surrounded by the soft sounds of Ed Sheeran thanks to Malia and they were basking in their own exhaustion.

Nate nodded and put the car in drive, speeding off only to make a u-turn and go back on their original route back to her house.

Nate wanted to ask her if she wanted him to stay with her, but he didn't know how to without sounding desperate. He wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around her waist and feel her snuggle into him as they both fell asleep. It had been awhile since he's felt that.

Malia couldn't stop thinking about what if Travis had came back and destroyed the house. Or what if he came back with her favorite flowers and favorite candy to apologize. But she knew, that Travis was long  gone. The saddest part was that she thought that Travis was back during dinner. But sadly, she was mistaken.

Minutes later they arrived at Malia's house. Nate didn't know whether to turn off the car and get out with her or just let her get out then drive back to his place.

Malia looked over at her house and sighed, realizing Travis wasn't there and she'd be all alone.

"Hey Nate," she turned her head to look at him, "could you stay the night with me? I don't wanna be alone tonight."

Nate had to fight the urge to say yes eagerly and instantly, he nodded his head, "Y-Yeah, of course. No problem." He said as calmly as possible.

Malia gave him a smile before she opened the door and hopped out. Nate quickly copied her actions and got out, jogging to her side and wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She placed her arm around his waist as they began to walk towards the front door.

She pulled out her keys from her front pocket and unlocked the door. The quietness is the house gave Malia chills, her all black timberlands crunching the broken glass on the floor.

"I gotta get this up." She sighed, heading for the broom in the kitchen.

Nate grabbed her waist and pulled her back, "I got it. Go ahead upstairs and take a bath or something. I'll be up in a minute." He rubbed her sides.

She smiled and hugged him quickly, "Thank you." She leaned up and gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek before turning around and ascended up the stairs.

Nate bit his bottom lip, chuckling quietly to himself before walking into the kitchen and grabbed the broom and dustpan. While Nate was walking back towards the shattered vase pieces, he heard the shower turn on from upstairs.

He completely swept the broken glass pieces and emptied it in the trash. He shut off all the lights downstairs and locked all the doors and windows for her. Nate then made his way up the stairs.

Nate plopped down on Malia's bed, grabbing the back of his shirt from the neck and sliding it over his head. He folded it up and placed it on her dresser. He kicked off his shoes and slid off his pants, a pair of basketball shorts underneath.

He ruffled his hair slightly before laying down in her bed, laying against the black headboard. Minutes later, Malia came out of the bathroom in nothing but a huge t-shirt and a pair of Calvin Klein underwear.