Chapter One

I wasn't looking for trouble...trouble was looking for me.

I happily skipped down the streets to my parents apartment. I just got done with school and wanted to see my sister Jasper and my family. I saw my sister out of an allyway talking to another kid slightly older than us.

"Jas!" I giggled and ran up to greet her. Mommy said she was sick. Why's she out here than?

"Opal!" She screeched in surprise.

"Jas, what are you doing out here? Mommy said you were sick." I asked her and tilted my head slightly.

"Just finnishing up something." She sneered and shot a look to the stranger before walking down the street. I ran to catch up with her and trotted beside her.

"You missed alot at school. Dillan shared his snack with me and Yuki gave me some of his icecream and today you missed being the helper so I gotto do it. But I didn't want to, it didn't seem fair. And-and I saved some icecream for you." I said and pulled out my lunch box from my bookbag. "See? See?" I asked and showed her the frozen treat.

"I don't want that!" She yelled at me and smacked the treat to the ground. She continued walking, I followed in silence. Jas has been different ever since I got accepted to Yale, I try to act the same. Like a regular five year old, but that doesn't always work out. I tell my family that I don't want to go, I tell mommy and daddy I can't leave Jas. Jas doesn't want me to leave, she thinks I'll live a happy life, away from her. But I wouldn't, not ever. Her and I are two of a kind, we help each other no matter what, through thick and thin. So why does she think I'll leave now?

We walked to our apartment, me trailing behind, both of us silent. She opened the apartment door and walked in, I followed. Mommy and daddy weren't home, they were working late.

"Opal, do you want to go to the park?" My sister asked and threw her bookbag on the couch.

"I-I thought Mommy said to stay home." I said and neatly hung my bookbag on the hook.

"Goody two shoes Opal." My sister hissed and flopped on teh couch, I sat on it carefully and sat up straight. She stared at me with pure hatrid. I just looked at the floor, aware of her heated daggers. "I'm going to the park. Are you coming?" She growled at me.

"B-but what Momm-"

"I'll go by my self then!" She spat at me and stood up, she grabbed her jacket roughly and stormed to the door.

"Jas! Wait!" I squeaked and ran to her, "Y-you con't leave! It's dangerous out there!" She pushed me away and opened the door then ran. I quickly rebalanced and followed behind her. She ran to the park, me following close behind. She darted into a dark alleyway and faced the dead end.

"Jasper? What were you thinking?" I asked and looked around cautiously.

"You were going to leave me." She growled without turning to look at me, "After all this time! The two peas in a pod. Together forever. Two twins that can't be seperated!" She turned around to face me, fire in her eyes, "What. Happened. To. That?" She growled at me.

"Jas, you realy think I would leave you? I would never do that. Your my sister, family, my best friend! I would never leave you." I said and took a step forward.

Tears gathered up in her eyes, "Stop lieing!" She screeched at me. "You will pay for everything you did to me!" She yelled. I heard a cackle before green-red-blue ooze covered both of us. My sister screamed out and fell to the ground.

"Jasper!" I reached out to her but my knees buckled sending me to the floor, but I still reached out with the little consisous I had left, "Jasper." A man appeared, his cackles echoing, he had white hair, dark skin and beady red eyes. On his face a black tattoo that I couldn't fully see. The last thing I saw before going unconscious, was the purple dragon tattoo on his arm and him dragging my sister away. And now I knew, by him leaving, it was the same person Jasper was talking too. She planned this. She had to cause all of these problems, this pain, this trouble. I wasn't looking for an trouble.....trouble was looking for me.