Chapter: 12

Will's pov.

" What's all the commotion out here?! Get back to work!" I yell sternly to the crew.

I don't know what was causing all the racket but I wasn't going to have Silver, or I should say captain, get angry when she came out on deck. I went to go and check on her last night and she had fallen asleep in her charter desk chair. She was frowning about something. but I left her alone and stepped out quietly . I decided not to bug her since I wasn't sure if she'd kill me if I did. Believe me. The Captain and Silver are both very( and I mean VERY) unpredictable to what will make them angry. One minute you could be happily talking about something, and as you look back, they'd be giving you the death glare.

( scary as crap!)

I've seen the captains, but never Silvers. She usually pretty careful about how she handles things. But still. I'm not one to try getting on their bad side.

" Tom! What in the blazes is going on here? Why is the crew circling in one spot?" I question. As he got closer I saw through the spaces of his hand that his cheek was bright red.

" I got her to smile." He smiled stupidly back at me as he patted my shoulder and walked off.

-got who to what?-

Silvers pov.

All I saw was Crow slap Tom. Her face was red, bright red as she walked off, and she....... Woah! Did she just smile? Oh gosh Tom, what did you do this time?

I shook my head as I walked over to Ayaka. She was sitting down on a toppled barrel biting off pieces of bread from her roll.

" You missed a pretty good show cap'n. Traveled all over the ship." She smiled.

" Another duel?"

" Yup."

I sigh." Figures. Hey, didn't she fight you earlier yesterday?"

She nods her head in defeat. I'm guessing she lost. Because she looked down at the wood boards and stopped chewing her bread.

" You alright?"

" Just thinking....... Have you come up with my job yet? Usoui said you had something in mind.

" Yes actually. Come follow me." I urge her forward. I took her all the way down to the very bottom of the ship where only a few candles brought light to the howling darkness. We past the prisoners cell and stopped next to small room.

I took out a key and handed it to her." Here you are, please have a look inside."I could tell she was unsure and hesitated for a moment, questioning if she should even be down here, but I nodded to her back.

Taking the key she placed it in the door and turned it to the side slowly. Still unsure of following through. She opened the door, and behind it were giant silver chests.

" What, may I ask is this?"

I walk over and open up one of the chests to the left of me. Inside are tons of blades. Then opening the chest next to it, I let her look down in amazement. The other chest had guns.

" Why are you showing me this?"

" I have decided you job from this point on. You will be weapons keeper. In charge of all ammo and weaponry. Please do not take this job lightly. Just as I treat my crew, treat the weapons as such. Act as if these weapons had their own lives, and if one goes missing, your in charge of finding it and or replacing it. Do you understand?"

" Y-yes! Thank you. Umm well, I never did get told what your name is."

I smile in return and pat her shoulder. "The names Silver Strider. Current captain of the golden beauty."

" Current?" She tilts her head.

" My mother left about two or three days ago with the ship and crew under my care. She should be back by the end of the week."

She slightly shakes her head." I see. Well, thank you once more. I promise to do my very best."

" I very well hope so. Anyways, I'll let you do you thing, get assorted with all the supplies in here. Make sure your up in at least 20 minutes. Since it's hot today, I thought we might have a little dip in the big blue." I smile and walk away with my hands behind my back. I went to reach on top of my head, and realized I had left my hat up in the courters, leaving my silver hair streaming down. It felt nice, not have the hat on. Made me feel as if the weight of being the captain had just jumped off my shoulders. Maybe I should keep it this way for a bit.

I grabbed my hair and braided it towards my left shoulder and let it lay there.

When I got to the top of the stairs, it looked like the zombie apocalypse. Everyone was slumped around limping and moaning as they went around the ship. Others just laid down on anything they could find.

" What are you all slumping around for! Get off your lazy butts!" I yell at the crew. Immediately every single one of them shuffled up to their feet and got back to work.

I saw Nano walking by the side edge and thought it as the perfect chance. I snuck up behind her and pushed her right over the edge. She screamed as she fell into the navy blue water below. I laughed as her head rose up in shock.

" Stop your whining and enjoy it!" I yelled and cannon balled straight into the water next to her. I felt myself get lifted up as air bubble tickled my nose, pulling me to the surface. I emerged in the slightly white foamed water, in which I had just jumped into. I looked up at the crew smiling and they jumped right in with me. The boys, taking off their sweaty shirts.

Luckily I had left my long coat in the courters as well leaving a white dress shirt and light blue knee high pants.

Loud pounds sounded as body made contact with water. And not just one, but multiple bodies! Usoui quickly pulled out the plank and used it to dive right off and into the cool water next to me. Both me and him laughed insanely as we splashed each other in the face, and pushed each other down under. It felt so nice! So cool! So refreshing!

Just the the crew, my friends and I.