Chapter: 2

"Hey Usoui! Throw up the lines will yah?! I've got to get these tide up by day break!"

A boy with brown hair jumped down from the poop deck. And climbed up onto the main sail mass. Taking the ropes that where dangling down, he threw them down towards me where I tied them to the ship. These ropes where important. It helped keep the sail mass standing when the sail was up. That way the sails would catch wind and move the ship. Tying the ropes though was the most boring job ever.

(Correction). Mopping the deck held the record for most boring and the worst job ever. Last time I did that was when I accidentally threw a rock at the window pane and it flew into the captain quarters where my mom supposedly was.

So in the end I had to clean the ship down head to toe. Of course I don't ever want to do that again.

" Any news of where we are heading to next Silver?" Usoui yelled down towards me as I finished tying the last rope.

" no clue. My mom won't tell me. She said it was a surprise."

" your lucky."

" yeah, like having a mom as a captain of the ship is lucky. She always on my back about everything. It's like I can't do anything unless it's perfect."

Usoui smiles slightly." Think of it this way. When the cap'n gets old, this ship will finally be yours to sail across all the seven seas!"

" And of course, you'll be my first mate! We shall stir up every piece of gold that's out there together!" I stomp my foot on the deck." I can see it now. Silver and Usoui! The most powerful pirates the world has ever seen!" I giggle before falling into Usoui's arms. He pulls me in closer and I hug him in return.

Usoui is my closest friend and always has been. His parents worked for my mom and where there when I was born. Since me and him where the only kids on the ship, it made things pretty boring, but we always found a way to livin things up. On calm days we would sit on the brims, trying to reach our feet into the water.( or knock each other overboard)😋

Either way, I wouldn't want any of it to change. Just Usoui and I hanging, and joking around like when we where 5.

" Usoui!!!!" I voice from below deck screamed.

I sigh and rub my aching ears.

" The beast has awoken I presume?"

" Yeah, and I think it's hungry." Usoui gulped as he stood up straighter.

If there was one person on the ship that you would never want to piss off, it was Usoui's mother. Mrs. Deller. I swear, even the devil himself wouldn't lay a nasty finger on her. Sometimes I wonder how Usoui and her could be related.

" I better go."

He starts to walk off.

" watch out for the claws!" I yell back jokingly." I heard they're soaked in poison!"

I think that only made him feel worse because I swear I saw his head lower even closer to the wood boards. As if his head was just gonna roll right off his shoulders, tumbling to the ground.

Poor guy.😕

I watched him disappear down below the deck and started walking back over to the main mast. The winds where starting to calm down, and in the end it made for a beautiful sunset. I thought it was pretty how when the sun matched up onto the horizon, that the water would glisten a glittering gold.

I sigh and close my eyes." I wish life could always be like this. I sat there, looking out at the water for a good solid 10 minutes before hearing a click of a door handle.