Chapter: 5

I tiredly run my hand through my silver hair and plopped myself down in the big red leather chair. It had seemed like the day was going by in slow motion, and I was supposed to be there and correct, or fix and problems that where about to unfold.

It was tiring, and all I wanted to do was lay down and fall sleep. Every time I'd get close to finally drifting off into slumber someone would knock on the door. Mostly Will. He was there to make sure that everything went as it should and nothing was aflame or leaking. Also the constant lessons on what to do. I swear this was the fifteenth time today that he's explained about the charting maps and compasses!

I'm not deff or dumb you know!

Anyways. Once again, as I started to drift off, there was another knock at the door.

" You may enter." I yawn.

Will walked in with his usual bright smile that seemed to be plastered on his face.

" We have arrived at the Stocking Port Captain."

" Very well then. Slowly bring the ship in. When we reach port, you can lower the anchor down and tie the ship to the dock. We'll be here for a while." I wave him away and fix the papers on my desk.

He quickly nodded." Aye captain. Will do."

As he leaves I stand up and and fix my hat on top of my head, having to move the feather once more to the side.

Now this Stocking Port isn't no ordinary Stocking Port. Its basically a port for pirates only. The public doesn't know about it, and even if they did, they wouldn't dare come near it, seeing how it's filled with pirates and hired assassins.

One glance could scare the wits out of you if you don't know what your doing.

Bars and traders tents fill every street corner, so it's not unusual to see a fight or dead body once every couple of blocks. Last time I saw who looked like Billy Jinkins, lying dead on the one of the streets when I was young.

My mom always said that he was stupid and one day that would cost him his life. She wasn't wrong because a week later we ended up going to his funeral. They wrapped his body in cloth and threw his body into the sea.

A regular everyday pirate funeral. Only the the honorable or famous pirates get to have their treasures and belongings thrown over board with them. If you weren't honorable or famous, only your body gets thrown in.

The tale is, is that when a pirate dies, they're reborn as another person in this life. If they aren't honorable or famous, they have to start from the beginning with nothing.

If you where, then you had the ability to be born with the riches you had.

It was sort of an extra boost I guess you could say, in the new life.

So basically, I could have been someone else before in another life, but now I'm reborn with a new set of memories and life and personality. Pretty weird huh?

Shaking my head at the thought, and quickly walk out on deck.

" Captain on deck!" Will yelled to the crew.

All eyes spun around towards me.

" Once this ship pulls in, I want this anchor down in the water and the ship tied to the dock! After all this is done you guys are free to do as you please. Meet back here a no later than noon.

The crew all pumps their fists in the air and hurries back to work.

Usoui was up on the masts tying the sails down with Tom.

He took a quick glance at me, but went back to the sails.

I felt embarrassed about pushing him out of the captains courters earlier. It wasn't fair of me to be spending every second of my time studying. I should be spending my free time with my best friend.

That's when I realized something.

" Hey Usoui! Come down here for. Second!"I yell up to him.

He sighs and swings himself down to where I stand." What do yah want?"

Will shoots him a dirty eye.

" I mean, What can I do for yah Cap'n." He sarcastically bows, and waits for Will to look away.

" Stop it, You don't need to call me captain. It's getting irritating hearing it from my own friend."

" Well what do you want?"

" I was wondering if you could walk around with me. It would be nice to spend time with you." I look down towards the ground." Also, I'm really sorry for what I did earlier. Do you forgive me?"

He tapped his foot for a moment and looked up." I don't know.......I'm not so sure I can trust you anymore. Captains too big for her britches apparently." He smirks and chuckles slightly.

I angrily stomp on his foot and start off running down the wood plank, to the dock." Try catching up now!"

He chased me down the dock and tackled me to the ground. Sure people where staring, but I didn't care.

After a while of goofing around he helped me find the items and food we needed for the ship. That including black hair dye for Mrs. Deller.😆