Chapter 3: and so it begins

Percy P.O.V
After playing some more black ops with clint, I felt a little drowsy.
"Hey Tony, I'm felling kinda tierd. Could you show me to my room?" I asked my uncle.
"Sure, kid." he said getting up. I mentally winced when he said 'kid.' I haven't been a kid since I learned I was a demigod. Not since I fought in two wars. Not since I lost the love of my life. He showed me my room and it was just as big as my old apartment. I thanked Tony and flopped down on my bed. I decided I would unpack my stuff tomorrow, so I allowed sleep to take hold.

Tony's P.O.V

I only knew the kid for an hour, and I already like him. He seemed pretty funny, but he also seemed depressed. His laugh seemed sad, like he can't have fun anymore. Once I got back to the main room, everyone seemed to be thinking.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked the group.

"He's really nice. I'm glad there Is someone my age around here now." Peter smiled.

"Yeah, he's really nice. And he also looks like a fighter too." Nat says.

"He. Beat. Me. At. Xbox! How is that possible?!" Clint exclaimed. The room was filled with chuckles.

"He seems sad, Broken almost. And you said his parents were killed, he didn't seem too upset, like he's dealt with death before." Bruce sighed. I nodded in agreement.

"He looks like a soldier that has gone through the terrors of war. No one that young should see that stuff." Steve muttered, loud enough for the others to hear.

"He's nice." Thor and Loki said at the same time. I think they know something we don't, but I'm not going to ask. At least not yet.

Percy's P.O.V

I gritted my teeth, trying not to scream. I was being tortured by Tartarus again, this time it was a dream, but it felt real. He dragged the poisonous knife across my body again and this time I couldn't hold it anymore and I screamed in agony.

He laughed, "I hope you enjoyed our playtime, little hero. I can't keep you for much longer, but I will see you next time you sleep."

I woke up gasping for air, the poison still circulating through my body. I ran to the shower and let the water heal me. I had new scars from last night's torture party. I sobbed quietly, wishing my friends were here to comfort me. I stopped crying and I noticed it was 5 in the morning, the time I usually get up for training early when I went to camp. Speaking of training, I wanted to get use to using my new weapon, Seashaker. I clicked the pen and out came the celestial bronze Trident. I swung it around a couple times, getting use to handling it. I couldn't wait to use it. I put it away and with the direction of Jarvis, I made my way to the kitchen. And in the process, I scared the daylights out of Steve.

"Oh, Good morning Percy. What are you doing up this early? Don't teenagers in this time like to sleep in?" Steve asked.

I chuckled, "Well, I usually get up this time in the morning. At the camp I go to, I get up early to get a few punches at the bag in before breakfast."

"Oh really, what camp?" He asked,

"Just one on long island, noting special. I go there every year." I responded.

"I was going to head to the gym, do you want to come?" Steve asked,

"Sure," I smiled, and we made our way to the gym.

I was noticing my surroundings, so I could remember my way back. When we arrived, Steve set up two punching bags.

"Show me what you got." Steve said and I got in the proper position and started beating the hades out of the bag. I felt so mad at myself. Letting Frank die, a hard punch to the bag, Letting Hazel die, another punch, Letting Jason and Piper die, another punch, Letting Leo die, Punch. Letting Annabeth die, I punched really really hard. Letting Nico and Thalia down, another punch. Soon the chain broke off the bag and I felt a little better, but not really. I felt like I was going to cry, but I shook it off. The Hero of Olympus must be strong, even if I want to break down crying, I can't afford too. I 'm the leader.

"Wow kid, where did you learn to fight like that?" Steve asked.

"Uh, Camp and the gym." I lied. I didn't want him to know that I have enemies, I have a long list.

We trained until Jarvis told us that breakfast was served. I sat between Tony and Steve.

"Where were you guys?" Tony asked

"The Gym," I replied, eating the pancake. I really wished it was blue, but it would make me think of my wise girl and my mom.

"Stark, you nephew is really strong. He broke off 5 punching bags from the chain." Steve said.

"Really? That's incredible, Percy. Maybe we could see some moves later." Bruce commented.

"okay," I agreed, giving my lopsided grin. I noticed Thor and Loki giving me a 'need to talk' look. I guess because they're gods they sensed my demigod aura. Great. I sighed and nodded.

"Hey Tony, do you have a pool here?" I asked, hoping it was a yes,

"Yep, do you want me to show you it after breakfast?'" He responded. I agreed with a vigorous nod. The others chuckled.

Time skip

After breakfast, Tony showed me the way to the pool.

"Do you want to take a dip?" He asked, grinning like a madman

"Yeah, let me grab my suite from my roo-" I was interrupted by Tony pushing me into the pool. I relaxed in the comfort of my element. But I decided to pull a little prank on Tony. I started to splash around like an idiot and I willed the water to pull Tony in, and it did what I asked. Tony surfaced confused and wet and I laughed hysterically.

"What happened?" he asked, clearly confused,

"I have no idea, I think you fell in." I managed to say in between laughing fits.

Then the two of us started splashing each other, and we herd laughter from the doorway. The rest of the avengers were laughing at our antics. Natasha was pushed in by Clint, who was pulled in by her. Peter cannonballed in, and Thor, Loki and Bruce shrugged and jumped in as well, horsing around with us. This was the best time I had in months, and I was really smiling this time.