Chapter 4

This chapter is really short, but I wanted to add it in because I think it's kinda fun and it made me smile (: Next chapter will be longer, I swear, but I've got other chapters of other stories I need to write, so.... yeah. Be happy that I'm uploading at all!

Chapter 4~

 When I woke up, I felt oddly relaxed as if I had been given a deep tissue massage, athed in a hot tub full of calming bubbles, and had been fed tea and chocolate-covered strawberries.

 Needless to say, I felt terrific.

 Yawning, I stetched luxuriously and sat up. First thing I noticed was that I was completely alone. Second thing I noticed was that I was on a couch that felt softer than a cloud.

 I didn't even know that was possible.

 Standing up, it was time to fully observe the room. The only source of light came from this enormous, grand fireplace smack in the center of the main wall. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases flanked either side of the ornate fireplace, and were made out of dark cherry wood. Thick, dusty volumes with unpronounceable titles were crammed so tightly into all the shelves of both bookcases. Unique pieces of furniture were scattered in no particular order around the room. The walls were painted a deep, rich burgundy color, and the shadows that the fire cast made most of the room look black or orange.

 Overall, the room looked dark and creepily majestic, although something appeared to be amiss. I just couldn't place my finger on what it was.

 Voices began approaching. My head jerked towards the door, my eyes widening in full-fledged panic. Craptastic. What was I supposed to do now? Hide?

 No, that'd be utterly ridiculous, my mind scolded me, they're vampires, if you hide they'll already know where you are.

 Oh yeah... I exhaled in a pouty sigh, and resolved to elegantly sit on the couch with my hands tucked under my thighs, and wait patiently for my impending fate.

 Vampires, vampires, vampires. You're already so dead, my mind chanted ominously. An attractive twitch took over my left eye.

 Shut up! You're supposed to think happy thoughts, darn you!

 Oh yeah? My mind asked loftily. Says who?

 Me, that's who!

 Which one, you or me?

 Me! I answered drolly.

 Me?

 No, not you! I gritted my teeth in frustration, the voices drawing nearer.

 We're the same person, or have you not realized? My inner voice continued to egg me on like a little devil.

 WOULD YOU SHUT UP? I thundered at my mind.

 Make me! It snickered evilly. I could practically imagine it saying that with a tongue sticking out at me mockingly.

 Why I ought to... I growled at its demonic cackling.

 Na na na-naaa naaa!

 "-hink she's still unconscious?" Voice One asked.

 "No, I can hear her frantic heartbeat," Voice Two confirmed.

 "...such an unusual occurrence around here..."

 Footsteps halted in the hall, the two voices lowering. My ears could not detect any sound, and I grew annoyed and tense. Patience was not a virtue of mine, really.