"I don't really have a price range. I just want to be close to the water and it be nice. And of course be able to move in quick." Well alright then.

We start with houses that are a little more inland but definitely still by the water and these aren't cheap. He doesn't seem interested. Beautiful house after beautiful house he passes on. These are gorgeous brick row houses, hardwood floors, nice spacious kitchens, etc and he passes. The one even had a roof top patio. No budge, not even a wiggle. We make idle chit chat about the weather and good restaurants in the area while walking to the different houses. Seriously the market is so saturated right now you can park on one street and just walk open house to open house.

"So Jay, where are you from?" I am interested. He has an interesting accent. It's not prominent but I can pick it out.

"I'm originally from Denver but moved to Houston when I was ten." Oh it's a Texan accent. Well on certain words. Makes sense.

"Oh I love Colorado. It's so pretty there. I went to Colorado Springs once. Waking up and seeing the Rockies was pretty amazing. Except for when you get winded walking because the air is so different." I laugh and he laughs too. It really is. We went because there was a hockey tournament, my brother plays, and all the players had to use oxygen masks on the bench because they weren't used to it. It was quite the sight.

"Yea it was pretty great. Houston is awesome too. I wish I could have stayed actually but work brought me here."

"Yea I hear it's like Baltimore, lots of young professionals. I heard the night life is crazy." I hope he doesn't think I go out a lot. Wait. Why do I care what he thinks I do?

He gives a large smile and rubs his chin, like he was thinking of a memory. "Yea that's definitely true. You go out a lot? You don't seem like the type. Unless your Miss Professional by day, Wild Child at night?" Well at least I don't come off as that person. I laugh uncomfortably.

"No, I used to be when I first moved down here. I mean it's hard not to but now I'm way too busy with work and the club scene isn't really my thing. There's a lot of great chill bars in this area that are pretty great. Fells point has a bar that you can bring your dog into, if you have one." I felt like I was rambling.

"Yea I'm not really a club goer myself. Like to go out have a good time but same here. Work." Tell me about it.

It's starting to get late so we decide to call it a day. We are nearing the end of Kenwood when he sees the Dockside development directly on the water off Boston St. My development. His eyes light up like a christmas tree. Oh no.

"What about those? How much do those go for?" He asked excited as a puppy with a new toy.

 "Those you can buy or rent. They can be anywhere from 500 thousand  to 1.5 million to buy or 3 to 4 thousand a month for rent." After I say this to him I expect him to decline immediately but he doesn't. He's interested and I immediately know I'm in for trouble.

"Can we get in to see one of those? Are any available?" He asks me excitedly. I know for a fact there are a few for sale. One very close to mine I think.

"Sure, let me check and I will let you know."

"Great. Those would be perfect." Yes. Perfect.

****

So now flash forward one week to today and here I am about to show Jay the townhouse 3 doors down from mine. Well the one I rent with my roommates of course. Like I said, I make a good living but I am no money bags. Besides, my boyfriend and I are buying a house together soon so I'm perfectly happy renting my gorgeous water front space for another year, as expensive as it may be.