Chapter 48 The new CEO

Start from the beginning

" you can call me Mia. Boss sounds old." I laughed. We talk for a while. He explained to me all the work here. I sat in the chair. Hmm, this is where I will sit. My office. Quite big.

I smiled and roamed and looked around like a child would do

I smiled and roamed and looked around like a child would do. I probably was busy looking at the view outside the window. "Ahem.." some knocked at the glass door. I turned around embarrassed and sat in my chair.

" Come in."

"Mia I bought these files for the meeting." Martin came in.

" Oh thank you." I took them and read them. Time to work. I attained two meetings and three conferences. I didn't have the time to eat also. How do James and Leo manage this? So much work is left.

I was not all in dark. Martin was beside me all time. He explained everything. It was a huge help. Because of me, he missed his break. He probably is hungry like me.

" So Martin I made you miss your break. Your probably hungry."

" you bet. Say, let's go out and grab something to eat. How about it? " He asked me.

" But it's still working hours. Lunchtime has passed. "

He laughed, " Mia you're the CEO. You can take a break whenever you want."

" Right." I laughed." Then let go out and grab a bite to eat something " I said to him.

We went to the small burger shop across the street. We ate some burgers, French fries and a coke. We returned before the next meeting could start. We were laughing and talking while we made our way towards my office.

" Martin your joke are really funny. Seriously, my stomach and cheeks hurt. I can't laugh anymore." I laughed again. I was holding the french fries In my hand. I am a slow eater.

" How about another one. This one is funnier than that one."

" No, no more." I laughed. I opened the glass door of my office and I noticed that James was there. I ran to him.

" When did you arrived?" I hugged him smiling.

" a few minutes earlier. The reception girl told me that you went out. So I came up and thought to wait for you."

" I missed lunch so I went out to grab a bite with Martin." James gave a death stare to Martin.

" I will be going then, Mia. Call me if you need anything. And your meeting with the Japanese investors is in 5 minutes." Martin left saying that.

" James, what's with that look? You scared the poor fellow." I said.

" Angel Don't spend time with him. Why did you go for lunch with him... especially him?"

" Darling are you jealous?" He became red. Ah so cute.

" So what if I am?!" He kissed me after saying that.