"Alright, all done." The lady said looking up at me. "Thank you." I smiled examining them. "She's ready to do your hair." She said pointing at the free chair. She slipped on the pedicure flip flops on my feet and I carefully walked over to the chair. "So, what are we doing today?" the hairdresser asked running her hand through my curls. "I want it straight with some soft curls." "Ok." She replied leading me to the washer station.

About an hour later, we were all finished and just waiting for Mama J to finish her hair. She was sitting in the chair still flipping through her magazine and chewing gum. It was kind of weird because she looked just like Chris. She caught me staring at her, but I quickly looked away.

"Alright, all done." She said putting the flat iron down. "I love it!" Mama J beamed. We approached the receptionist to pay and I pulled out my card. "Are you guys paying separately?" She asked. Everyone answered yes and began toying with their purses. "No. I'll pay for everyone, it's cool." I said handing her my card. "That's not necessary, I'll pay for myself." Mama j countered. "No, its ok. I insist." I smiled. She dropped her argument and sighed.

"Thank you." I smiled as the receptionist handed me back my card and a receipt. We all walked out back to the car and got it. "Am I the only hungry one or...." I trailed. "No, I would love some food right now." Lytrell pouted. "How about you mama J?" I asked trying to make conversation again. "Sure." She said before pulling out her phone again. Once again, I was shut down by this woman. "Alright then." I mumbled. "Where do you guys want to go?" I asked looking at everybody through the rear view mirror.

"Can we get Italian. I would adore some lasagna right now." Kaya said. "Isn't that Ty's favorite?" Mel smirked in her direction. Kaya rolled her eyes as we all giggled at her.

Within the next 10 minutes I managed to find the closet Olive Garden. Our waiter, Derick, greeted us with a smile and menus. "What type of drink would you ladies like to start off with?" A series of different answers went around the table as Derick wrote everything down. He disappeared to get our drinks when my phone rang.

I saw Chris's name flash on the screen and I answered. "Hello?" "Hey, where y'all at?" He asked. "We stopped to get something to eat. We should be back soon." I said as I whispered a thank you to Derick who had placed my drink in front of me. "Alright, I'll see y'all later then. I love you." He said making me smile wide. This had been the first time since the whole abortion thing happen, that he told me he loved me. With the whole mama J situation, work, and him not talking to me, I needed it.

"Madi? You still there?" He said snapping me out of my daze. "Yea, yea. I'm here. I'm sorry. That was just the first time in a long time that you've said that." I said smiling again. I heard him sigh. "Look, I'm sorry about that. I've been acting stupid. I'm supposed to make sure you're not stressing yourself out but all I'm doing is adding to it." He sighed. "It's ok. I completely understand. We'll talk when I get back, ok?" I said feeling everyone's eyes on me. "Ok, I love you." He repeated. "I love you too." I replied before hanging up.

We all enjoyed our food before heading home to get ready for the party. When we finally made it home it was around 6:30. The party started at 8 so it gave everyone a chance to get ready. As soon as my feet hit the concrete driveway, I quickly hurried inside to use the bathroom. "Thank the Lord." I mumbled as I sat on the toilet seat. "Madison?" I heard Chris's voice call from the other end of the door. "I'm in the bathroom, give me a minute." I said before flushing and washing my hands.

I walked out the bathroom and into the room to hear him singing in the closet. He was scoping through his clothes to find something suitable for tonight's formal event. He looked sexy ass hell. Dressed in only basketball shorts his tattoos were on full display. I walked in and leaned again the island and smiled at him. "Hey." I said crossing my arms over my chest. He smiled showing his dimple and crooked tooth. "Wassup pretty lady? You enjoy yourself today?" He asked. "Yea, besides Mama J shutting me down all day I'm good." I laughed. He chuckled and ran his hands through my hair. "Your hair looks nice." "Thank you." I smiled staring at his lips. He chuckled as he picked me up sitting me on the island. We stared at each other awkwardly before he spoke.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled putting his face in my neck. "No, I'm the one that should be sorry. I shouldn't have even thought about getting an abortion in the first place." I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "All of that doesn't even matter no more. Its in the past. The only thing I care about is you and my son's health." He said making me laugh. "You are determined about having a boy, huh?" "Yep, we 'bout to have little Christopher running around soon." He smiled. "Whatever you say Mr. Brown." I said staring at his lips again. He smiled and pressed his lips against mine. The kiss deepened quickly as he put his tongue in my mouth.

After what seems like an eternity, we pulled away from each other and smiled. "I missed this." He said pecking my lips. "Me too." I smiled.

*******

"Lytrell, where are you?" I heard Mama J say. "Chris, zip me up please." I said turning my back to him. "Thanks." I said tugging at my bra. "Lytrell!" Mama J whined. I heard Chris laugh as he pulled up his socks. "I'll go see what she wants." Chris said. "No, I got it." I said walking out of his room.

"Mama J." I said knocking on her door. "You ok?" "Yea, come in." She said. I pushed the door open to see her trying to zip her dress up. "Wow, you look beautiful. Your dress in gorgeous." I complimented. "Thank you. Can you help me zip it up? Please?" She asked. I smiled before she turned around to let me zip it up. "Thank you." She repeated. "No problem." I said making my way out her room.

"Um, Madison?" She called out. "Yea?" I answered. "I'm sorry." She whispered. I turned my head to look back at her. "Mama J..." I said before she cut me off. "No, please let me finish. I'm sorry for everything. I judged you since you walked through that door. I didn't know anything about you but I already had my opinion on you based on what Kae told me." "Wait, pause. Kae?" I laughed. "I should have known." I mumbled. Mama J ignored me and continued.

"I don't know whats up between you girls, but she was wrong about you. You turned out to be a total sweetheart." She said grabbing my hand. I smiled and pulled her into a hug. "Aww, ain't this cute?" Chris said smiling at us. We giggled as he walked into the room. "My two favorite women are finally getting along." He said kissing our cheeks. "Such a beautiful moment. Probably a good time to tell you that you're gonna be a grandma again, huh? " He smiled.

"Oh my God." I mumbled. "Perfect way to tell your mom, Chris." I said shaking my head. Mama J chuckled. "It's ok sweetie. I was suspicious anyways. Congrats." She smiled. "Thank you." I beamed pulling her into another hug. We heard Chris fake sniffle, making us laugh again.

*******

I pulled on my Gianmarco Lorenzi pumps and grabbed my clutch. I adjusted Chris's bow tie and he threw on his jacket and we went downstairs. "Well don't y'all look sexy?" I said winking at the girls. "Y'all look beautiful." Chris said. Thank yous went around the room as I sat down beside Deshawn. "And look at you Dee. You look better than your uncle." I said kissing his cheek. "You trying to steal my girl?"Chris asked picking him up. "No, uncle Chris." He laughed as Chris tickled him. Finally made her way downstairs.

"Mama J! You better WERK." Ashley said making us laugh. "Chris, why didn't you ever tell me your mom was a baddie?" Mel asked. "You look pretty, grandma." Dee said before putting his hand in his mouth nervously." "Aw, thank you baby." There was a honk outside. Mama J laughed. "That's him." she said. She grabbed her clutch and sighed. "See you guys in a little bit." she smiled before exiting.

"Tonight better be perfect." Chris mumbled and stuck his hand in his pocket. "Yo, Ty is gonna be on your ass tonight. That nigga has been talking about you all day." He laughed in Kaya's direction.

I didn't even care what they were talking about, all I could think about was how good Chris looked in his suit. I looked at him from top to bottom. Just gorgeous.

"Earth to Madison!" Mel said snapping her fingers in my face. "Huh?" I said looking up at her. "When your done eye raping Chris, we can go." I saw Chris smirk at me and wink. For some reason, I blushed. "Whatever, let's just go." I giggled.

The girls exited the house and left me with Chris. He got his keys and I picked up my clutch, adjusted my dress, as he guided me out the door. He locked it and hugged me from the behind. "You look beautiful, by the way." He mumbled against my skin. "Thank you." I said kissing his cheek. He helped me in car and we took off.