Chapter 21- Forgotten

Jack's POV

I had just finished Skyping with Mark, and something seemed... different. When I asked him about the video and what he thought, he hesitated a little. I noticed something else too, but I think I was just imagining it. What if he's already forgotten about me...? Of course he hasn't. I remember how upset he was and what happened before I left... I shake that thought out of my head, before it could get to me, I get up. I don't want to spend another day crying. Not that Mark isn't worth the tears, but it makes recording and stuff harder to do. So I decided to record Will You Press the Button? It's pretty simple to record, and I can just sit down and think about the questions in front of me, rather than the one in my head.

"*Whapish* Top of the morning to you laddies! My name is Jacksepticeye, and welcome back to Will You Press The Button..."

* 17 Minutes Later*

"Thank you guys so much for watching this video. If you liked it, punch that like button in the face LIKE A BOSS! And high fives all around *whapish* *whapish* But thank you guys, and I will see all you dudes, IN THE NEXT VIDEO!"

I edited and uploaded the video. After it uploaded, I saw that Mark had a couple new videos up, so I watched them. Then, I went ahead and recorded a Reading Your Comments video as well. I don't really feel like doing anything too complicated today.

*And now, YouTube comments, with Jacksepticeye*

* 11 minutes later*

"Thank you guys so much for watching this video. If you liked it, punch that like button in the face LIKE A BOSS! And high fives all around *whapish* *whapish* But thank you guys, and I will see all you dudes, IN THE NEXT VIDEO!"

I read through the comments and had a great time reacting and talking about them. But then I read one that bothered me a little...

"Would you; Date Mark, even if after a while, he forgets you even dated?"

I read it while I was recording, but I edited it out. When I was editing and saw it again, tears started forming in my eyes. Damnit... it's just a comment. He wouldn't really forget about me. He hasn't forgotten about you.

I wipe the tears away and upload the video. In that moment, I get a text message. I picked up my phone and read it.

"Maybe you should Skype him again and see if what you saw was fake..."

It's from the same number as before. The first one freaked me out a little, but this one terrified me. I set my phone down to go take a shower. It's where I do most of my thinking, and, if in that mood, crying. Today was probably going to be both, unfortunately. I grabbed some clean clothes, a towel, and walked into the bathroom. As I stripped down, I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked at my scars, old and newer, and traced them.

I finished stripping out of my clothes, getting into the shower. I started to take a hot shower, but the pain was too much, so I went cold instead.

* 10 minutes later*

I got out of the shower, dried off, and got dressed. It felt good to take a shower to think, and sometimes cry, every once in a while. When I walked back to my room, all I could think about was that text. I went back to the video I watched earlier, but it was one he recorded before I went over. Damnit... guess I'm going to have to Skype him. So, I Skyped Mark. He picked up pretty quickly.

"Hey Jack. What's up?"

"Oh... I just wanted to talk. We haven't had a conversation since PAX, and I thought it would be nice, if that's okay with you." I tried to look at what I had actually called for, but it was too difficult to tell.

"Of course! I don't mind at all."

"So...how have you been?"

"Other than having a headache this morning, I've been great." He gives me a huge smile.

My heart sinks a little, but I force a smile."That's great Mark. I'm glad you've been doing good."

"How have you been?" He looks at me, still a huge grin on his face.

"Oh...uh...I've been good. Really good." I force a smile, but a tear started to form in my eye, again.

He frowns slightly. "Are you sure? You don't sound like it."

"Yeah...I'm sure. I'm great, Mark. Really." I smile a little bigger to show him. He smiled back.

"Uh, sorry to cut this short Mark, but I need to go. I have to go to the shop to pick up some things." I try to hold back the tears as much as I can.

"Okay Jack. Have a great rest of your day. Talk later?"

"Thank you. You too. Yeah sure." There was a huge lump in my throat and I didn't trust myself to speak much anymore.

"Okay Jack. Bye." He smiled and waved at the camera.

"Bye Mark." I waved back and smiled back before he hung up. Before he did, I finally caught a glance of what I needed to.

My suspicion was right.... It wasn't fake....

A/N Another chapter! Yay! ^-^ Not really sure how often I'm going to be able to bring you guys updates, but you better believe I'll try my darn hardest. Anyway, what do you guys think about this chapter? I hope you guys enjoy it. So much angst and cliffhangers in the story so far. I'm sorry....about the angst. Not the cliffhangers though ;P I like me some cliffhangers. Sometimes. Anyway, stay awesome everyone :)