Chapter 3- Tuesday

"Ok so I think we should do a trifold." Ian decides writing down what looked like blueprints. Soon he looks up at me for a moment, "What do you think?"

He wanted my opinion! I think we should do it electronically because we'll have more space and we can write as much information as we want without restrictions. That is what I wanted to say, but I just nod and go with his idea. I feel like if I voiced my opinion, he would get mad and start yelling.

"Fine." He slammed the pencil on the table annoyed, running his hands through his hair. All morning he's been trying to get me to talk instead of shaking my head yes or no.

It's silent for a while.

A long while.

He finally looks up at me, "I just don't get why you don't talk."

That was a stupid statement. He didn't know why I didn't talk? I get bullied if I even make a sound.

I just shrug in responds and go back to my share of work.

"Osborn, come on just say one thing." He said adjusting in his seat.

I wasn't his little puppy and when he said speak I would command his every wish. I just ignore him and keep my eyes on my paper.

"You're so stubborn, you know that?" He stares for a while, "Oh right, you're not gonna respond."

"Dude, leave it alone." Levi comments as he walks over to the teachers desk.

Ian looks at him confused, and shrugs it off going back to work back to his work.

I look up a Levi and he winks. Did he just wink at me? I look behind me and notice the his partner giggle and smile at him. I sigh in relief. That was close. Why would I even think that he would ever wink at me.

I look down at my paper at start twirling my pencil in my hand. I was already done with my part. I wanted to ask him questions about the project. Are you almost done? Am I getting the trifold? Am I getting the coloring supplies? Do you need me to do anything else? I don't say anything it was too risky.

My pencil flies out of my hand and lands near Ian and his attention is now on the pencil. He looks up at me and waits. I look at him and then the pencil and then back at him. It was out of reach. Since everyone was in their own groups the tables and desks were all rearranged weirdly and if I moved to get the pencil everyone's eyes would be on me.

"Did you need something?" He says with a smirk. I look at the pencil and then back at him and then the pencil again, "Hmm I didn't here you." He obviously knew what I needed, he was just trying to get me to talk.

"C-c-c-c-can y-you... um you- can c-c-can you um get my... can you get m-my... my pen...cil...pencil... p-um... p-please," I barely speak, that was the most I've ever said to anyone in a long time.

Ian was looking at me like I grew two heads as I tried to form a cohesive sentence. This time he doesn't say anything and just grabs the pencil off the ground and placing it on my desk. He sighs and goes back to his work.

I just roll my eyes and put my pencil away in bag and wait for the bell to ring, "So Osborn," at this point I don't think he knows my first name. Call me Octavia jackass! "Who's gonna get the trifold." He licks his lips putting my attention from his eyes to his lips, "Osborn?" He waves his hand in front of my face, "Hey, did you hear me."

I nod.

"Ok? Well?" He urges, packing his things in his bag.

"Um... w-well"

"Let me stop you there," he interrupts me, running his hand through his hair again, "You really gotta stop stuttering. First of all, it's annoying. Second, your confidence is diminishing."