Chapter 12: Clues

"Hiroki, Hiroki, HIROKI!" Kisa said waving his hands across Hiroki's face. "Huh? What?" Hiroki zoned back in. "Were you even listening to us?" Kisa asked. "N-no." Hiroki hesitated. "You're face is red, what happened?" Misaki asked. "Nothing." Hiroki mumbled.

"What do you mean nothing, you basically zoned out, with your face flustered, are you sick?" Kisa asked. "I'm not." Hiroki replied. "This isn't like you, what's wrong?" Ritsu asked. "I told you it's nothing!" Hiroki growled.

"You sure? I mean you don't need the nurses office or anything?" Ritsu asked. "Just leave me alone." Hiroki groaned. "Okay, but we will find out what's wrong with you." Kisa said. "Like I said nothing is wrong with me I'm okay, no need to worry about me." Hiroki responded.

"Like we were talking earlier, whose house do you want to have the sleepover at, Hiroki?" Kisa asked. "I don't care." Hiroki said. Kisa sighed, "You aren't usually this grouchy either, and you're face is still red. You serious about not wanting to go to the nurses office?" Kisa asked.

"Like I told you every things fine." Hiroki said. "Oh boy, never mind." Kisa said. "Ritsu's place it is then, you gonna be there Hiroki?" Misaki asked. Hiroki nodded, zoning back out with his face turning more shades of red.

Shinobu pinched Hiroki's arm. "OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" Hiroki yelped. "Pay attention." Shinobu growled. "Okay you know what?" Hiroki stood up. "What are you doing?" Ritsu asked. "I'm going to the restroom." Hiroki stormed off.

"Seriously something's up with Hiroki." Kisa said. "Maybe something bad happened to him, that he doesn't want to tell us." Misaki said. "Nah, he just looks sick." Ritsu said. "Speaking of people not paying attention, Chiaki you've been quiet too." Ritsu said.

Chiaki looked up with food stuffed in his mouth. "Never mind." Ritsu said.

'Jeez, they won't just leave me alone.' Hiroki thought, walking really fast to the restroom. Something bumped really hard against Hiroki. "Watch where your..." Hiroki noticed it was someone familiar. "Oww." Hiroki just stared at them, with widened eyes. "I'M REALLY SORRY!" Hiroki quickly made it into the restroom.

'Why did I have to run into him, even what he did this morning. Why?' Hiroki rinsed his face from the sink. Looking into the mirror, after he was done.

"Hiroki, you okay?" "Huh?" Hiroki looked at the opened door, to see Chiaki. "Uh, yeah." Hiroki said.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" Hiroki asked. "I have to use the restroom." Chiaki replied. Hiroki nodded. "Well I'm done, so see you later." Hiroki exited the bathroom. Chiaki looked at the door closing.

AFTER SCHOOL

"Aww, I left my house keys in my locker, be right back." Ritsu made his way to his locker. On his way there he saw Takano, near the gates. Not knowing what Takano was doing Ritsu walked a bit closer, "Come here, kitty. I won't hurt you." Takano said with his arms out. Ritsu saw the kitten make his way closer to him. Takano petted the cat, once it was really close to him.

Takano looked back, and spotted Ritsu looking at him. Ritsu looked away, and began walking back towards his locker.

"Hiroki, you seem out of it again." Kisa pointed out. "You know what fine, you know Nowaki? One of the six brothers?" Hiroki asked. "Yeah." They replied to Hiroki's question. "I was going down the basement, and so was Nowaki, and I lost my footing on the stairs and tripped. Nowaki caught me." Hiroki said.

"Aww Hiroki's got a crush." Shinobu said. "What, NO!" Hiroki said. "What I mean is that he was all the way upstairs from the basement, and I was halfway downstairs, when I lost my footing I was falling fast. There's no way he could've caught me that fast and made it to the bottom of the stairs." Hiroki explained.