She finished her breakfast, and got out the luxurious penthouse. Since she was still in high school she lived with her parents, but since they were never home, it was as if she lived by herself. Her mom was always attending meetings, and preparing new editions for her magazine, and her dad was a successful business man so he was often absent for business trips.

"Good Morning." she greeted her driver Antoine as he opened the door of the limo for her. She got comfortable on the backseat and plugged in her earphones. She turned up the volume and closed her eyes focusing on the music. She preferred the old music, especially classical music. There was something so much more sophisticated and honest about it than the horrendous music that people listened to nowadays. 

After a 10 minute ride she arrived at school. She was right on time, as usual. Punctuality was one of virtues Parrier family instilled in her since young age. She had fifteen minutes before her class starts so she went to leave some stuff in her locker. She saw Kayla, Amy and Cassie, her so called friends, or minions as she called them in her head, waiting for her by her locker.

"Good Morning Isabelle." they all screeched, obviously faking excitement. Amy handed her a coffee when she approached them.

"One sugar, one milk?" Isabelle asked her arching her eyebrow. There was no need for pleasantries, she inferred mentally.

"Of course Is, just the way you like it." Amy smiled at her. Despite her smile, discomfort was obvious on her face but she would never dare to show it in any way.

"What did I tell you about calling me Is, you know that I don't like that?" Isabelle frowned at her.

"I am sorry Isabelle." she said, her smile wiped off of her face, looking nervously at Isabelle. "Come on, let's go to class." Isabelle commanded them, knowing that they will follow her instantly.

Everyone moved out of their way as they marched down the hallway. People looked at Isabelle only if they were sure she wouldn't notice them looking at her. Most of them couldn't help themselves but stare at the beautiful ice queen of their school. If any person was asked what was her most prominent feature, they would most likely say her eyes, her piercing green eyes, that made everyone stop in their tracks if looked upon by them. But people also knew that usually it wasn't a good thing if that green gaze fell upon them, because that meant they got on her nerves somehow, and should expect retaliation.

***

She sat at the front row with Cassie, as usual, while Amy and Kayla sat behind them. First period was math, which is the only subject that she really dislikes, but since she is a Parrier she had to excel in it. So with the help of tutors and a lot of studying she had an A in math as well as in all other classes. 

When she was walking out of the classroom after the class, someone snaked their arms around her from the back. She immediately tensed at the touch but when she heard his masculine voice in her ear she relaxed.

James turned her around and gave her a long passionate kiss. James and Isabelle have been in a relationship for two years now. He was from a wealthy family of preppy lawyers, and his family often donated the money for school. He was the best looking guy in the whole school. His dark hair was neatly combed on one side of his head. He had dark brown eyes, cute dimples on his cheeks, and a million dollar smile.Girls would swoon of him openly but they were afraid of Isabelle so they refrained of such actions, at least in her proximity.

"Good Morning baby." he said to her after a kiss.  

"Morning to you to handsome." Isabelle replied with a smile. She didn't really love him, and she didn't think he loved her either, but they were the most popular students at the school so it was the only logical thing for them to be in a relationship. They also looked really good together and their parents approved of their relationship, not that Isabelle sought their approval or anything...

"I missed you so much. How was your summer?" James asked her.

"It was fine, I reconnected with my French self." Isabelle said smiling politely. She spent her entire summer in France, at her grand-parents' place. She had to admit that it was quite a lovely vacation, spent visiting museums, going to classical music concerts, and having shopping sprees.

"What about you?" she asked him.

"Well you know me and my family, we spent most of the time in our beach house in Hamptons. I hung out with some friends and my cousins came for a visit. But, I missed my girlfriend a lot." he said charmingly.  

Yeah, right, I bet you did, she thought to herself. Without revealing her thoughts she just fake smiled and told him that she missed him too.

He gave her another peck on lips and walked her to her next class. Her friends, or better said minions trailed close behind them. 

The day went by slowly, with everyone from her popular group greeting her, sucking up, and asking questions about her summer. She replied courtly to everyone, but she didn't share a lot of personal information with them. She never liked people prying in her personal life, they always tired her, and caused her to tense up. She could already feel her mood darkening.

That was pretty much it for wishing a day without negativity, eh? , she though darkly, resisting the urge to run her fingers through her perfectly styled curls.

Few classes and boring conversations later, she walked towards cafeteria for lunch break with her "followers". To her great dismay, she noticed  the only person that she absolutely didn't want to see today approaching them. As if her mood wasn't already ruined by constant questions from annoying people that were sucking up to her, she just had to run into her. Deep frown settled on her beautiful face as the girl approached her cheerfully and smiled from ear to ear, revealing a set of perfectly white teeth. Isabelle hated her beauty, her smug smile, and her friendliness. Isabelle hated her with all her being.