Fantasies & Wishes!

A big salaaaaaaaaaaam to everyone! I know what you guys are thinking, some of you want to hit me with flowers and some might want to slap me hard with a dummy hand ;)

You can do all of this for as long as you want. I'm really sorry for updating after a long gap, yeah the longest it is. Sorry again. So how are you all? Hope you had a blessed Ramadan and blissful Eid!

I was busy and I'm busy now too. But seeing your lovely comments & excitement I took out time every day to update slowly.

Alhumdulilah as my story is praised every day. JazakAllah for loving it and wishing that I update soon. So here's an update for you all. Hope you love it too.

Happy reading!

"I swear I cannot love you more than I do right now yet I know I will tomorrow"

"Assalamaleikum everyone," Fawad greeted as he took his seat at the dining table.

"Waleikumaslaam Fawad, where is Zaara," Zubair asked him.

"Dad she is sleeping..... and I didn't feel like waking her up," Fawad replied with a smile.

It had been a week since Zaara was discharged from the hospital. Her health deteriorated sometimes and they had to make frequent trips to the hospital. She used to get up at night and cry, asking for her Mom. Fawad had a hard time dealing with her as she would take time to recognize him. She suffered from insomnia and got up late most of the mornings. In this process, he learned patience and his love for her grew day by day. This love was something unconditional, something that was pure and didn't have any expectation in return. He wanted her to get well soon, get over her past and live in present.

"Allah hafiz everyone," Fawad wished as he left for his work.

••••

Ps: Don't you dare ignore it else I will not talk to you for the rest of my life.*No kidding*

- Your Desperate wife

Fawad looked away from those words as memories came rushing to him.

Fawad blinked back those moments of sorrow. He took his phone and browsed through his contact list. He had saved Zaara's new number as Zaaru baby and at this again his mind drifted back to not so good memory lane..

"Baby, what is this Zaara? People save their loved one's name with something cute." Zaara said.

"And what's that supposed to mean," Fawad narrowed his eyes at his wife's remark.

"I mean to say you should save my name as Zaaru, Hunny, baby, sugarpie, or how about Zaaru baby", her eyes brightened like that of a child.

Fawad concentrated on his laptop instead of listening to his wife's blabbering.

"Ohkay so..... done!, its Zaaru baby now. See", Zaara held his phone in front of his face.

Fawad snatched it from her and examined the doings as if it was a huge mistake. He made a disgusted face and showed the phone to her. He had changed it back to Zaara. He smirked at her while she left the room without any word.

He could remember how hurt she was and had not talked to him properly for 2 days. He did not mind either as he hardly took time to sit with her and talk to her or reciprocate her feelings. They went to movies, dates, etc but the thing that was missing was understanding, from his side. He wasn't aware of her little fantasies and wishes. For him, all her acts of love were either childish or immature, to be honest. She used to get upset and get along with him after some time as if nothing was wrong.

But now as he sat with her last letter, all he wished was to reciprocate all her feelings and accept her gestures of love.

"Hello Zaaaruuu", Zaara's phone beeped with a text msg.

Zaara was lying down and was lost in her own world when she was broken away from the trance by the beep sound of her phone. She took time to realise that it was a message from her husband Fawad as the name displayed 'Mr perfect' with a smirking emoticon beside it. She re-read the message as if she did not get it at once.

She thought for a while and then replied with a "yeah".

Fawad unlocked his phone as soon as he received the text. But the simple 'yeah' dropped his excitement but he was happy to get a reply from her.

"Can we go out for dinner", he typed as fast as he could and sent it.

Zaara narrowed her eyes at the msg but a small smile made its way to her lips. Just then she received another text, "sorry I mean what are you doing now?" Which made her suppress her smile.

"I'm lying down and replying to your text"

Fawad waited for another reply for his previous msg but got none and smacked his head for being stupid and texting like a despo. It took all his strength to text her again.

"What about dinner Zaara?..", Fawad almost typed Zaaru but then changed his mind. He didn't want to sound weird again.

"Umm as you say", Zaara replied as she didn't know what to say. For her, all this seemed new, distanced, to be honest.

"Well ...Get ready by 8 PM dear", Zaara's phone beeped again.

She smiled at her phone and it took her minutes to realise that it was locked and the screen that showed the text was dark. She knew she was new to this feeling but it wasn't new at all, only if she knew she was fully aware of this in the past.

••••

They went to a nearby restaurant, that served the best food in town and which was Zaara's favourite. Fawad had booked it earlier and was wishing so bad for Zaara to accept his proposal.

"Do you like this place?", Fawad inquired while looking at her eyes.

"Yes... Actually... It's nice Subhan Allah... "

"We have been here before.. well it's your favourite place Zaara"

Zaara tried to recall what Fawad meant to say. She hovered her eyes all over the place in order to recognize it but in vain.

"Are you alright Zaara... What happened?", Fawad asked as Zaara's face turned pale and she looked confused.

Zaara held her head and started crying, Fawad looked at her, confused and scared of why she was behaving like this. Fawad tried to make her sit on a nearby chair but she ran away from him. Fawad didn't know what to do except to follow her.

"Zaara.. wait.. please tell me what's wrong?", Fawad was panting. He went near Zaara and held her hand to turn her around.

Zaara's eyes were swollen and she was not able to speak because of constant sobbing.

Fawad tried to console her and after much effort, she tried to speak.

"I.... Mom.... Fawad..... I ...lost my.....mom....my mom... I lost..my mom here...", She broke down again into uncontrollable sobs.

They were standing outside the parking area and Zaara's condition urged Fawad to move forward and hug her. He held her that way while she was still crying and repeating those words.

Fawad tried to make sense of her words and after few minutes he realized that she was remembering things and pieces from her past but something still did not seem to fit in place...

__________________

I'm sorry for such a small chapter! :'(
Forgive me!

Do tell me how you felt about this chapter :)

*And my writer friends I will comment and read your stories too just give me some time please, I'm quite busy. Hope you understand I know you are waiting for my views 'wink'*

May Allah bless us all in this life and hereafter. Ameeen!