ORDINARY

Just think…

Be great in little things.—Francis Xavier

Read this…

Think of all the ordinary people God has used to turn this world upside down.

Think of that shepherd boy David, who God raised up to be the greatest king in the history of Israel.

God used that frightened man Gideon to lead a great army and he turned out to be a man of courage and valor.

A simple Jewish girl named Esther saved her people from destruction because she stood up for what was right. God used Deborah to lead the armies of Israel into battle when everyone else was afraid.

God called two ordinary fishermen, Peter and John, to speak His Word with boldness.

You see, God can use ordinary people like you. As the Scripture says, “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him” (2 Chronicles 16:9).

God clearly looks for ordinary people to turn this world upside down. There exists a place and a calling for every one of us. We all have something to do for the Lord.

God can do a lot with a little. My life is evidence of that! God changed me, and He can change you. When you have been with Jesus, God can use you. (Greg Laurie)

God said to Saul, “I will make thee another man,” and to David too—God made him another man. He turned him into something he wasn’t. It’s almost like playing a role.

When God has given you a role to play and you can play it with divine anointing and real inspiration of the Lord and by the power of His Spirit, you become that creation of God!

If you’re willing to be what God wants you to be, not what you are but what God wants you to be, then He can mightily use you. He makes the difference between lifeless clay and the alive, pulsating energetic body of a human being! It’s the breath of God, the anointing and power of God that makes the difference and don’t you forget it! Without Him you’re nothing!

Anything you do, washing dishes taking care of babies, no matter what it is, you can do it in the Spirit! But if you just have the letter of the law of duty only, it drags you down and turns you off. If you’ve got that divine anointing, it makes every little task wonderful!

I used to get really anointed working on the engine of the car.—It thrilled me! You can be an anointed worm and become a glowworm for God! They glow in the dark, you know. Without the anointing you’d just be an ordinary ugly little bug. But with the anointing you become a firefly lighting up the night for God.

The body without the spirit is dead.—So is every song, every sermon, every witness, every book, every picture. But the Spirit can make anything glorious. It can make you even clean toilets with an artistic finesse and be proud of the good job you did and consider it a work of art and a thing of beauty.

The Spirit can turn it on, no matter what it is or who it is, and give it glory and glamour and life. Beauty, joy and life and heat and everything.—You name it! It’s the Spirit that makes the difference.

More from God’s Word…

1 Corinthians 1:26-29 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,

1 Corinthians 6:20 For you were bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

2 Corinthians 3:4–5 And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Colossians 3:11b Christ is all, and in all.

1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.