31// Loving His Beast

Chapter Thirty-One | In the case of Joe vs. Amari

"I don't want to have lunch with them, but I have to go as moral support for Amari," I said.

"You are leaving me with the kids," Brock said.

"Do you think I was going to take them with me?" I asked.

"Yes, I was hoping you would, but I guess it's my day with them," he said.

"Good. Make sure you feed them and Mya does her homework, so don't let her be on her phone without her homework being done." I said.

"Yes, I know, so hurry up and leave," He said.

"I'm going, but make sure Turk takes his medicine and Duke does his homework too," I said, walking out the house.

I unlocked my Mercedes Benz and got in, starting it and pulling out of the driveway.

I started driving to the restaurant where I would meet the group for the mediation of Joe and Amari for the sake of Masina. It is not that far, so I make it there in, like, fifteen minutes.

I got out of my car after I parked and went into the restaurant where I spot Nicole. I walk towards the table fill with Morgan, Trinity, Renee, Joe, and his cousins.

"Hey Nicole," I said from behind her.

"How have you guys been waiting? " I ask her taking a seat next to her. " Probably twenty or thirty-four minutes," she said.

"Hello, everyone," Amari said from behind, walking up to the table.

"Oh, thank God, you're here," Trinity said.

"I know; sorry, I'm late," She said.

"Sit down and so we can talk," Joe said.

"First of all, I heard you were beating ass last night. I'm so proud of you, Amari," I said.

"Thanks, You know I had to." She said.

"Why?" Renee asked.

"Where I grew up which is the hood in Miami, when a female disrespect you and touches you, that mean she wants to fight to you, and you should never let anyone disrespect you like that," She said.

"I understand that, but girl, you should have been the bigger person and not threaten to kill the girl but the punch to the nose, though," Trinity said, sipping her water.

"I lost all self-control when she called me a hoe, but we're here because Joe doesn't want to face me by himself," Amari said.

"That's not true, and I want witnesses to see how you act when I tell you that I want full custody of Masina," Joe said.

"Please tell me you are joking?" Morgan asked.

"Full custody of who? Leati, you are so funny like; what makes you think you can have full custody of my daughter, who I gave birth to. Who I raised for five years on my own." Amari said.

"Oh, maybe the fact is your extremely violent person," Joe said.

"Extremely violent? Joe, just because I whooped your girlfriend ass doesn't give you the right to ask for full custody; besides, you don't know shit about Masina and who's going to raise her when your ass is on the road all the damn time, and I think the judge will agree with me on that." She said.

"Amari, calm down. Joe, I don't think you have the right to come here and ask for full custody of Masina because one Masina will not want to stay with you every day as she is her mother's child, they are like twins, so you know Masina inherited Amari traits. You are upset that your baby mama or whatever she's to you got beat up, and that's alright but never threaten to take away someone's child over petty bullshit. Can we agree whenever Joe is off the road that he can have Masina so they can build a daughter, father relationship?"Nia said.