Chapter 32

It was about half past midnight and I was at TM with Chibs. Chibs was working on his bike and I was helping him a much as I could, but most of the time I was sitting in the sidelines keeping him company.

The prospects left for an early morning pickup and Gemma pulled in. She opened the car door and climbed out. She strolled over to us.

"Where're the prospects goin'?" She wondered. Chibs wiped the grease off his hands.

"Early morning pickup. What're you doing here?" Gemma shifted her weight from one leg to the other and sighed.

"I ain't sleeping much. Figured I'd catch up on work here."

I nodded. "Good, because we're sick of working on this pain-in-the-ass exhaust." Chibs smirked.

I stood up. "Actually, I think I'm gonna head home. Call it a night." I stretched my arms and hugged Chibs. He kissed my head then I switched to Gemma. "Goodnight." I smiled.

____________________________

The sounds of banging filled my ears and I opened my eyes. Someone was at the door and Jax was dead asleep. I rolled my eyes and pulled on a wrinkled t shirt over my head. The banging continued as I came closer to the door. I looked in the peephole and saw Juice standing there. He had a distressed look on his face, his eyes had dark purple bags underneath and the whites that surrounded his irises were blood shot.

I unlocked the door and his head sharply turned to look at me. "Hey, Alex." He nervously laughed. I smiled back.

"Come in Juice." I opened the door more and he entered.

"Is Jax home?" He breathlessly inquired. I nodded.

I walked back into the bedroom and saw Jax still there, sleeping happily. I leaned down and kissed him softly. His eyes groggily opened and he smiled. "Hey."

"There is a mohawked tatted man lookin' for you." I whispered. Jax's face contorted. "Juice." I specified. Jax sighed and got out of bed, I on the other hand, walked down the hallway to take a shower.

I never really wanted to know why Juice was here, nor did I really give a shit. With everything that's happened within the past few months, my hand being smashed, losing my baby, father, brother, Tara coming back, and Gemma changing, I'm prepared for the worst and hoping for the best. I'll take it as it comes.

____________________________

"They trailed Hightower to a club outside of Oakland." Tig filled in from what the prospects called about.

We hopped on our bikes and left the lot to begin the journey to Oakland to catch the son of a bitch that beat my big brother's head in with rusty, metal pipe.

"Bikes in the back." Jax announced when we met up with the prospects. We walked around back and I swore under my breath. The Grim Bastards bikes were parked.

"Shit." Bobby muttered. "Those bikes look familiar."

We walked inside to hear rap music playing. T.O. noticed us walking in. "Teller. What the hell are you doing here?" He greeted.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing." Jax replied.

"This is the Bastard hang, man." T.O. smirked. "What's up?"