Chapter 3

I stirred awake to the usual sound of motorcycles coming and going. I looked over at the digital clock; it read noon. Jax was still sound asleep next to me. I began to watch him. The guilt from last night began to sink in as I stared at his tattoo for Abel. Maybe last night wasn't such a good idea. He began to stir awake and his eyes opened, revealing his tired blue eyes.

"Good morning." Jax smiled as he stretched awake. He pulled me down into him and kissed me softly.

"Good morning." I whispered back. "I'd hate to burst your bubble, but it's noon and if anyone finds you in here like this, it's both our asses. So get up Teller." I instructed with a smirk playing at my lips. I pulled the blankets off my body and started to get up.

"Yes ma'am." Jax replied cockily as he slapped my ass. I jumped into the shower and turned it on to the appropriate temperature. After getting it to the most perfect temperature I began to shower.

After showering I climbed out with a towel around my body and was met by Jax brushing his teeth with only his pants on. I smirked and walked into my room to change.

I settled on a pair of black jeans, black high top converse, a white tank top with an oversized blue flannel. I grabbed my cut and slid that on. Jax came out if the bathroom and I threw his clothes from last night at him and waited for him to change.

"Okay. You leave first, I don't want any suspicions from anyone." I ordered once again. Jax smirked and rolled his eyes.

"You're quite bossy in the morning." He retorted.

"Get our of here, Teller." I smirked. Jax then got up and left. I heard Opie's voice from the other side.

"What were you doing in there?" Opie asked. I could hear in his voice he wasn't too pleased.

"I was just wondering how she was doing after Rob. See if she needed anything." Jax reassured. I nodded pleased to know that Jax obeyed me.

"Is she okay?" Opie asked in a concerned tone.

"Yeah. Just lookin' out for her, bro." I could hear the smirk in Jax's tone.

I opened the door after hearing them leave. I took a deep breath and tried to poker face my way through the day.

Falling in love with a man who is already taken is a moral sin, but I just couldn't help myself from feeling ultimately happy. Yeah, I feel really guilty, but he wanted it and I agreed. There has to be some understanding to that, right? I mean Jax has slept with hundreds of women, this shouldn't be all that different for him.

I turned the corner into the common room and saw Dad sitting at the bar, drinking a glass of whiskey.

"Hey Pops." I smiled as I kissed him on the head.

"Hey sweetheart. Word around here says you left Rob." Dad began as he looked at me with his usual stern look.

"Uh, yeah. He wasn't exactly my cup of tea." I shrugged as I sat at the bar stool. Dad scoffed.

"That's an understatement." Dad stated as he took a swig from his glass. I chuckled and nodded.

"You're right...again." I laughed as I kissed his head. I stood up.

"Where's Ope and Jax?" I asked as I noticed they weren't around the clubhouse.

"I think they left. Where? I have no idea." He shrugged.

"Okay. I'm gonna go out on a joyride. Just to clear my mind for awhile." I said as began to walk out. "I'll be back later."

I hopped on my bike and strapped on my helmet. Just as I was about to start my bike, I saw Tara's car pull into TM.

"Shit, shit, shit." I muttered under my breath. She got out of her car and grabbed Thomas and Abel. She smiled as she saw me. I smiled as brightly as I could and got off the bike to meet her.

"Hey Tara! Long time no see!" I exclaimed as genuinely as I could.

"Yeah." She squinted. "Listen, do you know where Jax is? I need to talk to him. It's urgent." She sighed. I panicked. Did she know? Did someone see us last night?

"Uh I just found out that that him and Ope went out for something. Club business. You're welcome to wait here until they get back." I offered. I was trying so hard not to reveal my poker face. My knees were shaking because I was so afraid of losing everything. Being the homewrecker isn't exactly my favorite thing in the world.

"Nah. I'll just drop off the boys here with Gemma. When they get back could you send him home instead?" She asked with a fake smile.

"No problem! If I see him out on my ride I'll send him over." I said as I began to walk over to my bike.

"Okay. Nice talk Alex." She stated then went into the office to drop the boys off with Gemma.

God dammit. Bad karma is going to bite me in the ass.