Chapter 18

Alex's POV//:

I woke up from a tiny nap and I saw Clay, standing there staring at me. I jumped, and sighed.

"Where's Jax?" I yawned.

"Finishing up some things. He wanted me to come by and check up on you." He walked around the room and looked out the window.

"Oh, thanks." I rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah, we gotta get you better. You and Jax got yourself a plan. Put all this violence behind." He devilishly smirked. I froze but stayed strong. "Smart move. I'd hate to see something get in the way of that."

"Really?" I said unconvinced that he would actually hate that.

"You know, I could actually make sure this plan happens, push some doors wide open." He finally sat down. "See that no one gets in your way."

"Even Gemma, or Piney?" I muttered.

"I'll stop them. They won't run at you."

"Yeah. I saw how you slowed her down." I referenced back to Gemma's beaten up face. Clay had some scratches and a black eye. He sat up and looked at me right in the eyes.

"There's only one thing that could get in the way of that escape dream." He whispered. "These letters." My eyebrows furrowed.

"What letters?" I muttered.

"Well, Tara had some letters, some shit that could really stir up within the club. So I got some guys to abduct her. Obviously it backfired." My blood boiled. "If Jax got a hold on those letters he would never leave."

"You're the reason why I'm here." I seethed. Clay stood up and walked closer to me.

"It wasn't supposed to be you, Alex. They mixed up the girl. I told them to abduct his former old lady." At this point, I wanted to rip out Clay's eyeballs.

"Why're you telling me this." I narrowed my eyes.

"So you know what really happened. If you tell Jax what I just told you, you will never make it out of Charming." He flashed that same devilish smile and walked out. I got out of bed and heard Clay talk to someone. "She's fine." He muttered. Most likely Gemma.

I walked into the bathroom and shut the door, not wanting to hear Clay's voice anymore. I looked in the mirror and began to cry.

This club is hell.

*****

I heard a knock on the door and Opie entered. His face had no emotion as he walked towards the bed.

"Hey." I whispered. Opie didn't say anything and sat on the bed.

"Alex..." He started. I saw tears begin to well up in his eyes. "I went up to the cabin last night. I saw Dad there. He had a gunshot in the chest. He's dead Alex."

My eyes instantly had tears falling from it. My Dad, the one who taught me to ride, to shoot a gun, to be a member of this club, was dead. Opie came closer and wrapped his big arms around me, comforting me. I sobbed into his chest.

"Who did it? I want him dead!" I sobbed. Opie rubbed my back.

"Unser followed to the cabin, he knew Dad was dead. He tried to pin it on the cartel, but he told me it was Clay. Clay killed Dad." He explained. My heart stopped. Everything was fitting.

"Opie, Clay came in earlier today. He told me that he was the one who set up the abduction, it was meant for Tara, but they mixed it up and attacked me." I whispered. "Opie, I'm going to kill him." Opie nodded, knowing how I feel.

"I came here, to take you out. We're going to go cremate him." He stood up and grabbed my duffle bag. He threw me some clothes and I quickly changed.

"Does Jax know?" I asked. Opie shook his head.

"Has he been here today?" I shook my head no. I zipped up the duffle bag and walked out of the hospital room with Opie next to me. Dr. Bailey turned the corner and quickly stopped us.

"Mr. Winston, your sister isn't clear to go." Opie stood in front of me.

"Dr. Bailey, there's a family emergency, it's my father's funeral. I need to attend. Please." I pleaded. Dr. Bailey looked up at Opie, obviously intimidated by the height and the muscles.

"Fine. I'll send your paperwork to you address." He gave in. Opie and I quickly walked away.

Opie climbed onto his bike and I climbed on behind him, I wrapped my arm that wasn't in a sling around his waist, holding onto my big brother.

*****

I sat there, watching the flames that will turn my father to ash. Opie handed me his cut and I held onto it for dear life. Unser entered the the crematorium.

"Thanks for handling this." Opie sighed, he kept his eyes on the flames.

"Sure, no problem." He took a moment. "I need to talk to you, both, about something."

"You know what Wayne? We're not really in the mood to talk right now." I snapped angrily. The door opens and Jax entered.

"What're you doing here?" Jax asked me. I rolled my eyes and didn't answer. Jax looked at the cut I was holding, then to the cardboard box that was burning. "Oh, my god." His face turned to extremely sadness and sympathy. He walked over to me, then looked at Ope. "What happened?"

"I found him at the cabin. Shotgun to the chest." Opie's face had no emotion whatsoever.

"Jesus Christ." He sighed. "I'm so sorry." He pulled Opie and I into a group hug as he hugged us tightly.

"Yeah." Opie's voice was shaky.

"You think it was the Mexicans?" Jax wondered.

"I'll fill you in." Opie whispered.

"We just wanted to say goodbye, that's why I took Alex out of the hospital." I couldn't take my eyes off the box.

"I know that he'd want you here." I whispered. Jax held me close to him as he kissed my temple.

"Yeah, okay." He nodded. Unser walked out of the room.

I pulled away from Jax and threw the blood-stained denim cut into the flames with the box.

*****

It was nighttime and we were just leaving the funeral home. Opie clipped on his helmet and handed me one. Jax looked at both of us.

"You wanna tell me what happened to Piney?" He asked. I sighed.

"You should know, you're Clay's boy!" Opie pulled a gun out on Jax. Jax jumped back a little bit.

"What are you talking about?" Jax held his hands up.

"Clay killed our old man!" Opie yelled. Jax shook his head, not believing it.

"No. No." He repeated.

"Yes!" I grunted.

"He killed my wife, almost killed Alex, now my father!" Opie answered. Jax looked at me, not believing that Clay almost killed me.

"Did you know?" I asked. Jax didn't answer.

"Did you know?!" Opie pushed.

"No! Of course not!" Jax yelled. "Guys, if Clay did this, it's a club issue. Let's take it to the table, let everyone know."

"What table?" I whispered. "We're out, remember?" Opie looked at Jax, with his gun still drawn. He pointed it down and shot Jax's tire.

Opie revved his bike and I hopped on, ready to drive to the clubhouse to kill the President of SAMCRO.