//chapter seven//

Luke pulls into a local motel, the place isn't too shabby or rundown but I've been hearing ghost stories about it since a little child and can't help but feel the goose bumps rise on the nape of my neck and arms.

"Luke, why did you come here?" I ask hesitantly, a hint of panic rising in my chest. I look over at him and study his tensed jaw and sharp gaze towards the front of the windshield.

He turns his head and stares at me, "Our aunt and uncle need some time to rest sinc I know we're just gonna argue once we get away from the party. Why not argue in a more secluded place?"

I shake my head, "Even if we do argue away from home, how about the guests here?" He laughs dryly, "There are only two people staying here right now and both of them are at the very bottom floor fucking each other's brains out."

I cringe at his choice of word and feel the rush of blood in my cheeks. I turn to look at him to see that he's already out of the car and walking over to my door, opening it and unclicking my seatbelt.

He drags me once again as we head to the front door of the motel, barging in and startling poor old Mrs. Winters in the front desk. "Oh, Luke and Lily! You both startled me!" She says as she notices it's only us.

Luke smiles tightly at her before dragging me to the stairs and I look back to smile apolegetically at her. She nods her head and mouths 'call if you need anything' to me.

I have no time to reply as Luke pulls me up the stairs, causing me to stumble a bit here and there due to his much longer legs and bigger steps.

"Luke can you slow down." I say loudly as we reach the end of the hall of the third and highest floor of the so-called 'haunted' Winters Motel. We reach the farthest door and I recognize the number, 309.

My eyes widen as I realize that this is the most haunted room in the whole building, rumors flew around saying that a woman was once murdered here. "No, Luke, not this room, please, I'm begging you. You know how I am with ghosts!"

"Oh quit being a fucking baby, our clothes are already in there for the night so don't fucking worry. I've been inside and I didn't get possessed." Luke snaps at me.

I say no more, grudgingly obliging to him and entering the god forsaken room. It's cute, smelling of lavender and clean laundry and I can't help but smile a bit at the room which no longer seems very haunted.

I'm not prepared as Luke throws clothes and my toiletries bag at me, "Get showered, get changed, get to fucking bed." I furrow my brows in annoyance and stomp inside the bathroom, searching for the lights and panicking before finding it after ten seconds in the dark bathroom.

I waste no time in taking off my makeup and hopping in the shower, spending a few minutes relishing in the warm water and kiwi scented shampoo and soap.

A creak is heard from the ceiling and I nearly slip as I look up and grab the shampoo bottle for protection. "Fucking hell." I whsiper to myself. The creak is heard again and tears start to form in my eyes.

I hear more creaks sounding from the ceiling and continue with my shower, stepping out as quickly and carefully as possible and wrapping the towel around my tiny frame.

A sharp knock at the door is all it takes to make me slip and fall on my ass. Luke barges in the door before I have time to adjust my towel and his eyes widen though he still helps me up, looking away as my naked body stands to my full height.

I quickly grab my towel, wrapping it tightly around my torso once again and muttering a quiet 'thank you' to Luke before grabbing my clothes by the basin and walking out, shutting the bathroom door.

My fucking ass hurts and I fight through it as I dry my body and put my pj's on, consisting of a spagetti strapped top and some frilly shorts.

It's not long before the shower in the bathroom shuts off and Luke steps out in a pair of grey sweatpants and no shirt. I'm used to seeing him without a shirt but the slight amount of alcohol buzzing in me makes me act differently and I stare at his toned upper torso.

I mentally smack my head, fucking stop, he's your brother for God's sake!

"Can you stop staring at me like you're going to kill me or something." Luke says, and I laugh mockingly at him. I roll my eyes and claim my side of the bed, turning over and for myself to fall asleep.

I feel the bed dip beside me and sigh as Luke's warm frame lays beside me. We're barely touching but I can feel the warmth radiating from his and my scorching skin.

I turn around to face him, finally deciding to apologize for my childish behaviour, "Luke, I'm sorry I disobeyed you. I shouldn't have been selfish. I wasn't thinking of you when I snuck out. I should've known the effect it would've had on you."

Luke's gaze stays on the ceiling and my breathing grows erratic, "Luke, fucking answer me. Please forgive me. Say something." I don't realize the tears trickling down the expanse of my cheekbone, landing on the pillow.

Luke slowly turns towards me, limb by limb. His eyes hold sadness in them and theyre moist from the tears. I can't help but feel so much more guilty from the night's events.

He inches towards me and I almost cower away before he grabs my face, "Lily. I understand that you were just looking for an outlet to sooth the pain. The hollowness in your heart. I feel it, too. I know how you're feeling. I'm sorry for overreacting. I should'be known not to manhandle you like that. But when I saw Troy touching you like that, it set me off, alright? He was taking advantage of you."

"I'm sorry, Luke." I cry into the crook of his neck as he lays down on the bed and holds me. "I'm sorry too." He whispers. I sit up slightly and study his face, his jawline, his nose, his blue eyes, his cheekbones; and finally his lips.

It must've been the drunken haziness.

That's the only thing I can blame it on before kissing him.

Page eight, 1125 words.

-----

A/N: they kissed??!!!!???!!!