//chapter six//

The thumping of the music can be heard from two houses away and I can't help but internally squeal at the adrenaline coursing through me. I run as fast as I could in my heels, careful not to stumble and fall flat on my face.

I walk up the steps, knocking on the big mahogany door standing tall before me. I barge in after a few minutes, realizing that nobody would've heard my knocks over the thumping music.

The party is in full swing; sweaty bodies moving in sync to Kygo blasting through the speakers. I head over to the kitchen and realzie that his house hasn't changed too much since the last time I've been here.

I spot Troy at the far end of the kitchen and head over to him, pushing my way through a group of boys singing some Kylie Minogue song. Drunk people never fail to entertain me, I swear to God.

"Troy!" I call out. He looks around and spots me, his grin widening as he walks over to me. "Hey, Lillian!" He pulls me into an embrace and I can tell he's already tipsy by the slight stench of alcohol lingering about.

He takes my hand and drags me over to the kitchen counter, pouring me some vodka and coke. My favourite. "How did you know this is my favourite drink?" I ask in pure curiosity. He lifts his brow, "It is?"

I take the cup and gulp it down, giggling and asking him for another one. He takes the red solo cup, instead making the drink in a much bigger cup, knowing I'm planning on getting drunk tonight.

"Enjoy, Madame. That's 500ml, by the way. Think you can handle that much vodka and coke?" He asks in amusement. I scoff, "You underestimate me, boy toy named Troy."

I walk around the house with Troy, it has changed a bit, some new paintings are up and some of the rooms were reassembled. We walk back into the makeshift dance floor and decide to dance a bit and before I know it, I've finished my drink down to the very last drop.

"Oooh, I'm drunk." I managed to slur out. Troy bellows in laughter, grabbing my arm and taking me to a quiet corner. He pushes me up against the wall, running his big hands all over the outline of my hips. I giggle, knowing exactly what's coming next.

He wastes no time and dips his head in my neck, trailing kisses and hickeys down to the curve of my breast. He pulls away, looking down at my little frame before he leans down against my face and--

He gets pulled away harshly.

He looks at our intruder, "What the fuck, man?" One punch is thrown at him and he stumbles back, trying to regain a bit of balance before throwing a punch back at our intruder. I giggle, not really knowing what the fuck is happening.

The intruder blocks the punch, instead punching straight to Troy's nose and cheek repeatedly. Before I know it, Troy is on the ground clutching onto his cheek and nose, crying for someone called 'mama'.

I get pulled by the intruder and we head out into the neighbourhood street, and I finally get a closer look at the man who stopped me from getting dìck tonight.

It's Luke.

I sober up instantly, my eyes widening and knees going weak. If it weren't for the steel-tight grip on my arm, I would've already fallen. "Luke?" I choke out pathetically.

"Yes it's fuckin' Luke, your brother who warned you not to fuckin' go to this shit party. Whag the fuck were you thinking? You nearly fucked Troy." He spits.

I furrow my brows and bow my head in shame, knowing full well it was a stupid idea to go to the party in the first place. Luke leaves me no time to defend myself and drags me to the car, throwing me in and fastening my seatbelt.

He stomps over to his side, sliding in and slamming the door shut. I look over at his frame, he looks tired, he's lost some weight, and he looks exhausted.

I can't believe I added on more to his stress by not listening to him and going to the party. I was so selfish to think that partying my problems away would work.

Truth be told, alcohol won't solve your problems.

"Luke..." I whisper after a few minutes. He snaps his head at me and growls, "What?" I cower in fear, sinking into my seat and not bothering to say anything else.

He heaves out a loud sigh, banging his head on the steering wheel once and sitting back up. He turns the key in the ignition, the car roaring into life and he pulls out without a warning, causing me to jolt backwards and letting out a barely audible squeal.

He speeds out into the street and I realize we're going the opposite way from home. I look at him and notice his undeniably tight grip on the wheel.

"Luke, we're not going home, are we?" I ask carefully. "No." He answers sternly. I zip my mouth shut, knowing not to question him further if I want to live through the rest of the night.

I slump back in my seat, preparing myself for whatever Luke has in store for me.

Page seven, 899 words.

Not edited.