vii

-Pete's POV-

It's been an hour since I marked him, and he hasn't woken up yet, I'm hoping he wakes up soon. I'm really fucking excited! My dad will be so proud.

He's not here now, he's out with Josh and Tyler (aka the rest of the pack).

I sat next to the bed holding Patrick's hand in my own, I know he's gonna make it, but of corse the worst scenario always goes through my head.

"Is he awake yet?" I heard Sarah from behind me.

"No,"

"He should wake up any minute now, but he'll be really confused, so you have to explain everything again." She said before leaving and shutting the door.

As if on cue, Patrick squeezed my hand and quickly sat up.

"Where am I? Where am I?" He asked frantically.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down you're at the pack house." I told him.

"Pete?" He asked noticing my presence.

"Yeah?"

"Am I supposed to feel any different." He asked and I nodded. "Nothing feels any different." My heart dropped.

"A-are you sure?" He nodded. He didn't feel it, I've never heard of this happening! I could feel a tear roll down my face. I may seem like some pathetic person with a crush who turned them down, and they're overreacting, but with wolves, you're mate is a person seemingly specially made for you.

"Don't cry, Pete." He said wiping the tear off with his finger. "I'm fine."

"It's not that, Patrick. You're my mate! You're supposed to feel something too," I said.

"Are you 100% positive that's how it works?"

"Brendon!" I yelled in the direction of the door. He would know what's going on.

"Yo?" He said as he poked his head through the door.

"Did you feel any different after you were marked?"

"Not until after my first full moon,"

"Oh thank God!" I sighed and Brendon saluted childishly and left. I turned back to Patrick. "I'm so happy right now you have no idea." I said and he smiled.

One week until my birthday and I get stuff yay!