ii

-Patrick's POV-

I walked through the deep snow through the woods. As much as I love winter, I hate going into the woods to grab wood for the fire place. I can hear the howls of what I assume is a wolf pack that lives near by.

The howling used to scare me, but now, it feels comforting, like anything that could hurt me couldn't get past those wolves.

Some nights I would hear the howls of five wolves, some I would hear the howls of one lone wolf. It's sounded like he or she was trying to find something or someone. I've lived here for years and I've never seen any of the wolves, so I've assume that I have nothing to fear from the wolves.

As I reached for a bundle of logs on the wood pile, I noticed something strange. There were paw prints that went for twenty meters then turned into bare human foot prints. I followed them and they soon turned back into paw prints. What the hell?

I turned back and walked, more like ran for dear life, back into the safety of my warm home.

-Pete's POV-

I nearly fainted as I was running home. All my senses were overwhelmed with the sight of pure perfection. Was just on my way back to the pack and boom! Pure perfection in a man. Wow he was beautiful. He wore a gray scarf and a leather jacket along with a black fedora. I'd definitely have to see him again. He may even be my mate.