vi

"What does that mean?" I asked startled.

The woman looked back at the dog and whispered something in its ear. It quickly trotted up the stairs. After about five minutes, the woman didn't respond until a man, not much taller than I, walked down the stairs. He was utter perfection, he had black hair and whiskey eyes and dark tattoos running up his tan arms. He stood in front of me and held out his hand.

"Hi, Patrick, I'm sorry I haven't fully introduced myself, I'm Pete." He said and I took his hand still not having the slightest clue where this was going. "Otherwise known as the wolf who's been living in your house for the past week."

"Excuse me?" I asked, probably sounding ruder than I intended.

The guy who was sitting on the couch spoke up. "What Pete is trying to say is that he's a werewolf, in simplest terms, and he saw you as a potential mate."

"I- uh," Don't blame me for stuttering, what the hell was I supposed to say?

"It's alright if you don't know what to say," Pete said with a soft smile, but I could tell that inside, he was crippling with anxiety as to what I would say.

"Um, could you explain this in a little more detail?" I don't even know anymore what I'm supposed to say.

"Um, sure, Patrick." Pete began. "Brendon, Sarah, and I can transform at any given time into wolves whenever we want to, and as wolves we have certain instincts that humans don't have. When wolves find a mate, they just know. I know that you are my mate, but you will never know unless you are also a wolf,"

"I-uh--"

"Brendon wasn't always a wolf, he was born human, he became a wolf after he met Sarah." Pete explained, cutting me off. I'm not complaining though, I had no idea what to say.

"I don't know what to say,"

"Once both parties are wolves, this feeling is mutual." Sarah said.

"Patrick, you don't have to do this if you don't want to," Pete said seeing the look on my face. I can tell he wants me to be with him though, but I don't know if I want to do this, "and if you do, I promise you won't be making a mistake,"

"Um, okay," I agreed. Pete's smile widened into a huge, sincere grin.