iii

-Patrick's POV-

I was awoken by scratching at my bedroom door.  What? I got up grabbed a bat from my closet. I don't know why I have one, don't ask. I slowly walked to the door and opened it to reveal a gray wolf standing on the other end.

Holy shit.

I can't kill or injure a gray wolf! They're endangered! I'm fucked.

"You're a good boy," I told the wolf maybe trying to convince him not to brutality murder me. To my surprise, it laid down right at my feet and stared at me like a house pet. That did not help, because I am completely uneasy right now.

I backed up and slowly started closing the door until the wolf stuck its foot in the doorway. I was terrified.

I know wolves and dogs can sense fear and usually use it to their advantage. I'm still not sure why the wolf hasn't even made a move yet.

I backed up into the bed and sat down, not having anywhere else to go. The wolf followed and put its head in my leg and I just stared at it. It was undoubtedly beautiful, but still terrifying. It looked up at me with puppy do--wolf eyes and I hesitantly put a hand on its head and slowly started rubbing it behind the ear.

The wolf seemed to melt into my touch and I smiled a little and yawned.
I looked at the clock and noticed it was 3 am. The wolf stood up and I watched as it moved away and laid down on the ground, quickly falling asleep.

I turned off the lights and left the door open, so the wolf would hopefully leave.