Regretted Words

Jack's POV

I opened the front door of my house and walked inside to see my best friend standing there, arms crossed across his chest. Behind him there were Halloween decorations everywhere.

''May I help you?'' I say slowly and confused.

''Did you forget that we were supposed to decorate the house for our party tomorrow night?"

I smack my palm against my face. ''Shit, I completely forgot! I'm sorry.''

''Where were you?''

"I was hanging out with Madison.''

''You're always hanging out with her and it's getting in the way of our friendship!''

''JJ I said I was sorry, ok?''

''Yeah, well sorry isn't good enough! I tried calling you and you didn't pick up! I spent 5 hours decorating the entire house!''

''You're just jealous that I like Madison more than I like you!'' I immediately regretted saying that and my eyes widened in shock about what I had said.

He looks at me for a second in shock, and I could tell that tears were threatening to spill from his eyes as his face turned red. That was something that always happened when he was upset.

''Jack I-'' Before I could finish my sentence, he ran away upstairs. ''Fuck.'' I begin getting extremely mad at myself. How could I say that to my best friend??? I'm such an idiot! I slam my fists on the counter and look down, biting my upper lip hard, almost enough to draw blood. What the fuck did I just do?