Chapter 1 - Storm

As soon as I woke up I looked out. Miami was quiet, very quiet, it seemed abandoned. There was no smoke, not so many cars, it
seemed all dropped back. I got out of bed, a shower was what I needed now.

The hot water jet fell on my back, making me relax. When I returned to the room, the sky had darkened a few shades, for me it didn't make much difference anyway, I preferred it in that way.

I walked to my office, which was a few meters from the hotel, I felt an icy wind that made my hair swayed.

"Good morning, Amanda." I said going through her desk. Amanda was my secretary for two years, it was efficient and reliable, very rare to find nowadays.

"Good morning Ms. Jauregui." She said opening a smile showing the teeth as usual.

Today was a busy day, it was full of papers to reread and analyze, taking up my whole morning.

My season in Miami would be extensive this time, I was about to buy a land to build a branch here. I took to explaining to someone about the coming of the branch and the enthusiasm in his voice I could already imagine who was on the phone, I rolled my eyes and went to my room.

The day was flying, it was so good, I wanted to solve it as soon as possible and buy a land for the construction finally began.

The rain came almost every day, but today was different, the sky seemed to have been painted gray, the clouds were in a lighter tone and all loaded, the trees were stirring constantly until the Miami river was restless. People walked down the street looking at the sky in a worried tone, most of them walked in a hurry, perhaps not wanting to be there to witness the downpour would fall later.

My phone rang pulling me out of the mind; it was Luis, Secretary of Miami architecture department. Had said that he should treat with my advisor and lawyer several times, but even when used with the business sector and the diversity of people, I had to deal with, but did not support his flattery,  I rolled my eyes while I pressed the button.

"Hello... Yes Luis, the number of Paul is this that I came to you" I looked at the clock. "There are exactly five minutes ago." I said rolling my eyes. Luis started with their flattery again in the hope that I finally gave way go out with him, I looked out and the first drops began to fall. I tried to concentrate on boring phone conversation. I started hitting the pencil on the desk and looked out again, the sky seemed even darker and the street was even more deserted. I noticed that some people were running with their rain guards and others are wrapped in their coats, outside the world collapsed while Luis continued with flattery.

It was when I saw a girl walking down the street without an umbrella or hood, she looked up into the sky, seemed to be... enjoying the rain? I approached a little more of the window and noticed that she was smiling at the sky, I felt butterflies in my stomach and at this point I have not paid more attention to what Luis spoke. The girl started walking towards the river, she sat down and crossed her legs. The rain was stronger now. I rummaged in the chair without understanding exactly what was happening, it was like I could not help but look there.

I began to wonder why that girl was doing there in the middle of a storm, and from what I could see, she was absurdly happy. A restlessness within me began to grow, not understanding why I turned to the table again, and tried to concentrate on the conversation, but I could not resist, for some stupid and unknown reason I had to look at the girl, the street was already empty, and the amount of water dropping was unforgiving.

I returned my attention to the phone and in less than two seconds I told Luis to call Paul and hung up. I grabbed my phone put it in my pocket and left the office.

When I reached the ground, some people were putting their umbrellas in plastic bags, headed toward the glass door and the doorman opened one of them to accompany me.

"It's not necessary!" I told him.

I went through the door and within minutes. I was soaked, I stopped in front of the sign for pedestrians was red, I saw that she was not sitting in the same place, I felt a knot in my stomach, I was hating to feel it. There was a really good explanation for that I was here all wet to see an unknown girl.

Without that I could understand what attracts me to that girl, I crossed the signal with a certain speed and to my relief I saw her again.

She was wearing a white pants completely stuck due to rain, a wool sweater over a white tank top I could see the handle, and a battered combat boots. She was sitting on the low wall of the river, and here I was, looking at her, so close that the feeling had intensified. I took a step and she turned to me smiling. I stopped and I didn't feel the wind or the rain drops on me, I saw only brown eyes watching me, a small nose, and her beautiful teeth in a row is showing me, I thought: what a beautiful girl. She kept looking at me, and I decided to speak:

"Girl, are you okay?"  

"I couldn't be better." She said smiling.                                               
"But this rain? You must be very cold.." I said taking a step forward.               

"I need to feel the rain, the cold, it makes me feel alive!" She was still smiling as she stood, then took a step forward getting too close to me, she wasn't low like most girls, I didn't feel so high. I was a few feet below, and without that I expected she hugged me, and I kept still, feeling the warmth of her body, and when I return the hug she let out, out toward the staircase. I turned to follow her footsteps, she was on the stairs, I ran and called.

"Do you need anything?" She turned and was still smiling, her lips were blue and she was shaking, I started to think and slowly came back to myself, taking control of the situation.                                                                  
"No need."

I felt the knot in my stomach again, I couldn't let her go, I had no idea why. Despite being incredibly beautiful, even too much, but I had known many beautiful women and had left all go away, to wherever they were going. However, I could not.

"No way! Come on!"  I took her hand and felt a shock running through my body, what was going on, for God's sake?

She looked incredulously at our hands together and smiled as I pulled her across the street. The hotel I was staying was two blocks, it was not five star as Amanda usually used book, but this time not because I had asked. 

"Hey." I turned my thoughts to her call. "I don't know you."

She tried to pull her hand and then hurried to say.                                  
"I'm Lauren, Lauren Jauregui, businesswoman, and work in that building there." I pointed to the building, showing her. I use the cold as an excuse and kept pulling it. We were already halfway down the block, near the corner when she stopped and it stopped me too, I was afraid that she wanted to leave, after all I was a stranger, but I kept holding her hand, which was freezing.

Then she smiled, and she hold my hand.

"Hello Jauregui. My name is Camila, Camila Cabello." she said smiling, and at that moment the cold in my stomach returned.

A/N  Hey GUYS I decided to make a new story cause why not? hope yall like it love yall.soz for the mistakes pls bear with me

-Nicole