Welcome To The Family

Chapter 28

I stiffened the slightest as Danny scooted all the way up and leaned against the wall to be eye level with me.

"Sorry, I wasn't trying to make things awkward." He mumbled. I opened my mouth to answer but no words came out. Once he got no response he looked up to me. His bright green eyes met mine once again, this time with worry, and the words just came spilling out, or at least tried too. He practically had full control over me, just by one look.

Those damn eyes got me every time.

"No. It isn't awkward." I said pausing and slouching a little. "I'm awkward." I paused again. I groaned and rested my forehead to his shoulder, then wound up nuzzling into the crook of his neck.

"I'm glad." I said as another surge of delight ran threw me. The information that was just re-laid was finally setting in and a strange warmth came over me. My senses picked up on how close we had come and electricity was climbing up my body at a rapid pace. My heart rate excelled and my breathing quickened the tiniest bit.

I sat up and shut my eyes taking a breath.

"You are the closest thing to comfort I've had since my mom died and I'm sorry that I pushed you away and didn't let this happen sooner." I opened my eyes as my hands slid down his chest and rested on his torso.

"My god, Danny, you have probably started something that I don't think I could handle if it disappeared and that scares me so much. It scares me that I have grown used to you just being here." I paused and chuckled letting my eyes wander up. I sighed.

"But I don't know what worries me more. The fact that I'm really not starting to care, or the fact that it might just slip away and I know you would have been worth it." I said, the smile not leaving as I looked back down to Danny. He was watching me as I ranted away then lightly squeezed my hips.

"Really? You're worried I might slip away?" He whispered. I was about to answer when he lightly flipped up over so he was on top of me and I was on my back. My hands gripped his shirt at the silent move but he just smirked.

"Well, you have nothing to worry about because I really don't plan on missing out on you anytime soon. Hit me, hate me, I'll still come back, I promise." He said kissing the tip of my nose. A light color came to my cheeks with a small grin.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Greyson." I mumbled as he came closer.

"Never do, princess." He said before crashing his lips into mine. I tilted my head to get full access of his lips and he hummed in response. Everything was picking up now. Both of our hearts practically crashing from beating out of our chests, our breath filled the room. Two sets of hands on two bodies going crazy after one another, trying to stay calm but failing miserably.

I couldn't stop this, and I don't think I wanted too.

Just as my hands reached Danny's hair he snapped back into reality and pulled away, a faint popping sound from our lips pretty much being tied.

"I can't start something we can't finish." He huffed out trying to catch his breath. My chest hit his as I took a deep breath in as well and shut my eyes.

"Damn you for being right, that was close." I mumbled out as he rested his head on my chest. I didn't mind the closeness and wrapped my arms around his neck. A calmness settled over both as we laid on the bed, laid all over each other. He slid his arms underneath the arch of my back and held on tightly as he rolled us to our side. Our legs became tangled and Danny was eye level with me, his arms still tight on my waist holding me flush against him and mine wrapping around his chest. My eyes started to flutter closed as I warmed up and snuggled closer to Danny.