Getting Ready

Chapter 10

"So tell me about Danny?"
The guys had just left and Addison and I were sitting up in my room. It was just now four o' clock and we were chilling out before getting ready.

"Nothing. I told you what happened so now we are going to Prom. It's nothing." I said.
"Please. That's bull. You guys were too freaking cute last night. I have pictures from this morning too." I rolled my eyes at her.

"What ever. It's nothing." I insisted. She gave me a look that I know all to well. The you-know-I'm-right look.

"A kiss on the head goodbye is not nothing!" She said dramatically throwing her hands in the air in frustration.

"It's not a first either." I shot back. The second the words left my mouth, I regretted them.

"What?" She screeched. I couldn't help but laugh at the look on her face. It was the perfect mix of confusion and delight.

"It was nothing. It was the day we went to the mall and I legit crashed right after I got home and woke up at like three thirty in the morning with a bunch of texts from him. He came over and wanted go see my dress and it was weird. It was just nothing, like I said before." I said sternly. She glared at me and scuffed.

"That is the absolute biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard in my life. Kissing of the fore head is some serious business." Addison bellowed out.

"Oh hush. Look, I do not have feelings for Danny. Danny does not have feelings for me. The end." I stated.

"Then why did he ask you to Prom? Why does he happily show up at your house when ever?" She asked crossing her arms.

"I have no idea. Why don't you ask him?" I asked getting slightly flustered. How was I supposed to know? She paused and smirked.

"You're right. I think I will." She said. My eyes widened in shock as she grabbed her phone and started dialing.

"It was rhetorical." I exclaimed. It was too late. She already had the phone to her ear about to answer him with a smug look on her face.

"Hey Danny, sorry I just forgot to ask when you were here. What time are you picking up Mel?" She asked. I fell back on to the bed in relief but it was soon forgotten when she left the room quickly grinning. I groaned and rubbed my face.

Some best friend she was.

I sighed and got up. I grabbed my towel and robe then left my room. Addison was no where to be seen so I just yelled.

"I'm showering."

"Shave everything!" She called out from downstairs. I could hear the smirk in her voice and just rolled my eyes.

Time to shower.

Danny's P.O.V.

Adam and I just walked out of Mel's house.

"How long have you known Mel?" I asked as we both sat in my car. We played baseball together last year but that was far behind us. I don't think we could be considered friends even.

"Since 8th grade. Addison and I have been friends from the beginning and Mel just fit." He shrugged. I nodded and started driving. I had called him to see if he wanted to pay our girls a visit. He lived a couple streets over so I drove him home. I was about to pull into my driveway when my phone rang through the car. I groaned and glanced down, I rolled my eyes but answered anyway.

"Yes Addison?" I asked. I pulled in and shut off the car resting my head against the wheel.

"Hey Danny, sorry I just forgot to ask when you were here. What time are you picking Mel up?" I smiled.