Chapter 9

Melody's P.O.V

It has been a week since I moved in with Niall. I wasn't in a mood to come out of my bed today. I was literally feeling so lazy. But then I heard some giggles. I heard them coming from Niall's room. I peeped inside and saw Niall tickling Kiara and they both were giggling away.

"So, my baby woke up early today!" With that, she came running towards me and hugged me tight. Niall was looking at us with a smile on his face.

"Mr. Horan, may I ask you the reason for this smile on your face?" I ask raising my eyebrow. We've grown closer in this week. We behave like we've known each other for weeks.

"Nothing. You both just look so cute. Kiara is honestly the most adorable girl." He said looking into my eyes. A single glance, and I felt like I was lost in his ocean blue eyes.

There was silence which, I guess, Kiara couldn't understand. She went running to Niall and he carried her to the computer.

"So, what are you guys watching?" I ask trying to figure out what they were watching.

"It's sleeping beauty. Kiara came to me and told me that you weren't waking up. So I thought maybe you were tired, so I didn't consider waking you up. And that's when I decided to babysit Kiara" he said with a smile at the end.

My brain took a moment to process all that he babbled. You know, my morning brain doesn't work fast... How caring he was! With that I joined them. The movie was done and then we spent the whole day lazily. It was like a daily routine - spending the day lazily. I honestly don't remember the most part of it cuz most of it was, you know, lazying around.

Niall's P.O.V

The day started with Kiara waking me up. She said that Melody was asleep. What do you expect from a 3 year old when she wakes up to find her mom sleeping? To shout and wake her up. But,she was so different. She was so well mannered.

We spent all the day lazily. While Kiara dozed off, Melody and me were in the couch watching some random shows.

It was then when my phone buzzed. It was a text from Liam.

"Hey Niall. Hope you are enjoying... But you gotta come to the recording, mate." Ughh....

I guess I groaned loudly out. Because Melody looked at me for a second. Oops. But I sent him a reply anyway.

"Is it really urgent? Can't I do it afterwards?"

"As much as I hate to tell you this, yes it's urgent. But if you want, you can try and finish off the recordings in 3 or 4 days. But I think that's highly impossible." Hmm...

"Hmm... I can probably try that."

"You can leave once we return to London. Which is in 3 more days."

"Okay. Sounds like a plan. Thanks mate."

"Anytime. Have fun 😜" Omg Liam, you too? I just shrugged it off.

I sighed. Maybe a bit loudly I guess... Melody turned towards me with a raised eyebrow. Oops. Again.

"What's up, Niall?"

"Erm... nothing" She have me a 'seriously?' look. I sighed.

"Liam said I have to fly LA for recording in three more days."

"So...?" Wait, exactly. Why am I feeling like this? What am I going to miss? My house? Nah. Was it... Melody?

A pair of hands in front of my face brought me back to reality. "Niall? You there?"

"Yeah. Sorry. I just kinda... um... you know.. zoned out I guess." Why am I stuttering?

Melody started laughing. Her angelic laugh.... wait, what? My god, what's even happening to me?

I just smiled nervously and got up to go to the kitchen. I quickly made some dinner for me and Melody, and boiled some milk for Kiara. After I finished, I quickly bade a goodnight to them and went to my bed room. I got into my bed, fully feeling embarrassed for embarrassing myself in front of Melody. I shrugged it off and closed my eyes. Sleep overtook me in no time...

Melody's P.O.V

After that text conversation with Liam, Niall was acting weird. He kept stuttering, was zoning out constantly and all that. He also said he had to fly to LA in 3 days for recording and seemed sad about it. I wonder why? I shrugged it off thinking everyone has their moments of this kind sometimes, but deep down, I wanted to know what he was sad about...

I got into bed beside a sleeping Kiara and closed my eyes. I went into a deep slumber in no time...