25

Elijah

"Man what you want?" I said annoyed.

Last night was crazy. I did the job but it didn't go as smooth as we planned. We got the stuff out but then we get in the car and I look inside the bags. It was drugs we took, so I tell Joey I'm done with his shit. He leave out important ass details. We fucked around and stole from a drug lord. I just hope this shit don't come back to bite me.

"I know you don't want to talk to me but I found out some stuff that I think you should know." Cassie said.

I was getting some food and i ran into her.

"What do you possibly have to tell me Cassie? We have nothing to say."

"It's about your babymother."

"What about her?" I asked confused. Freedom wasn't her concern.

"So I was out on a date yesterday and I seen her with some man and your baby. They was pretty close." She unlocked her phone and showed me a picture of them sitting at a table. Freedom was laughing at something the nigga probably said and he was touching her hand.

"Oh aight." I said and pushed the phone out my face. Everything was pissing me off.

"So I figured you should know." Cassie proceeded to talk. "I mean you left me for someone who can't even be faithful to you. You were better with me."

"You done?" I asked. "I don't need you to tell me things you think I should know." I grabbed my food and walked out leaving her there.

-

"Where my daughter?" I asked Freedom once she opened the door.

"Well hello to you to."

"I'm not in the mood." I walked pass her and up to the steps.

"She's sleep. What's wrong with you?" She followed me into her room and shut her door.

I grabbed her baby bag and started putting some of her things inside it.

"What are you doing? Elijah what's wrong with you?"

"I'm taking Chloe with me for a while." I was mad about the whole situation. I was already having a bad day and this shit just topped it off.

"For what? Did I do something?"

"You want to go out and be a hoe that's fine but don't sit here and lie to my face everyday. You claim you so fucking faithful and you don't do nothing wrong when you really ain't no better than me." I was angry. She was really trying to play innocent.

Chloe began to whine so I picked her up.

"What the fuck are you talking about? So now I'm a hoe? Fuck you Elijah. Give me my daughter." She pushed me.

"Chill out. If you make me drop my daughter I swear Imma hurt you."

"You not taking her." She said once I grabbed her bag.

"Get out my way Freedom." I had her bag on my shoulder and Chloe in my arms.

"You not taking my baby."

"This my baby too fuck you mean." Chloe started crying and I rocked her back and forth. "Stop crying Chlobandz."

"Elijah you not taking my child."

I moved her to the side and opened up her door going downstairs.

"Elijah!" She yelled.

I walked out the house and to my car. I strapped Chloe in while Free tried to pull me away.