1

Freedom

"Ma, where dad with the truck?" I asked going into her room.

"He on his way Freedom, you just worry about taking all your stuff downstairs." My mother said.

"Ok, I'm just trying to keep us on the schedule." I threw my hands up in defense and walked out going back into my room.

I was packing up for my sophomore year of college. I was excited to be going back. My school was only a hour away and I was now able to have my car on campus. I'm 19 years old also.

My iPhone 6s plus started to ring. I grabbed it from my bed and answered it.

"Hello." I spoke into the phone.

"What you doing? You on the road yet?" My best friend Africa asked me.

"I'm waiting for my father to get here with the truck. You already left?"

"Yea, surprisingly. But finish packing and I'll see you there."

"Ok, talk to you later." I said then hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed the top to my last bin and placed it on top.

"Moriah" I yelled from my room.

Moriah is my twenty three year old older brother.

"What's up?" He asked coming into the room.

"Can you take my last bin downstairs. Thank you."

"Yea I got it. The quicker I take this down the quicker you'll be leaving."

"Shut up ass hole." I said pushing him out while he laughed.

"Aye watch y'all mouths." My mother said walking past my room.

I looked around my room one more time to make sure I had everything before turning my light off and shutting my room door.

I walked down the steps and my younger sister was sitting on the couch on her phone.

"Hey Emp." I said picking up a duffel bag. She looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey Free."

She's one of my little sisters. She's 16 and her name is Empress. My other sister is close to 18 and a little bit more on the wild side.

"Hey Freedom, daddy outside now." Emory, my sister said walking into the house.

"Hey, you riding with us there?" I asked.

"Yea, I'm getting my head phones real quick."

"Cool." I said.

After packing everything up we were finally on the road. I was driving my Honda with Emory and Empress while my brother rode with my parents in the truck.

We were there in no time because traffic was low since it was early in the morning. I lived in a coed residential hall with alternating floors. My room consisted of three girls. Myself, Africa and the girl Amber.

"Africa." I said excitedly jumping on her to give her a hug.

"Hey Freedom." She laughed giving me a hug. "Hi Mrs. and Mr. Young."

"Hey Africa, your friend here is extra."

I got down smiled. I was so happy to be back foreal.

"So which room I'm taking this heavy shit in?" My brother asked coming into the room.

"That one over there." I pointed to the room next to Africa's.

"What I tell you about your mouth Moriah."