Chapter Four

Chapter 4

Luke's POV

Everything was pitch black, the kind of darkness that makes you shiver not from the cold, but from fear. Luke tried to move, but it was like someone was holding him down.

Suddenly, the young Jedi saw Leia. She looked close to hysterics, and was yelling at some rebellion leaders for "not notifying her immediately", leaving Luke wonder what that was supposed to mean. That's when he remembered the situation he happened to be in. The blue light, a huge- but gorgeous- city, Obi-wan, meeting his father before everything went downhill… Luke tried to tell her that he was okay and not kidnapped, robbed, or worse, but when his lips moved, no sound came out. He frowned and tried again; still nothing. Slowly, Leia started to fade. "No wait! Don't leave me! I need your help Leia..." Luke tried to say.

Moments later, he slowly broke out of the trance he had unknowingly put himself into. "Luke... are... okay?" The man in question groaned and slowly opened his eyes. Anakin Skywalker, looking surprised and worried, was looming over him.

Luke slowly sat up. "What happened? Why am I on the floor?"

Now his father looked even more worried. "I heard you scream! When I came in, you were on the floor, holding your head. Then you went into some kind of Force-induced coma. I was just about to call a medic when you woke up. Actually, I'm still going to call a medic."

Luke shook his head so hard, he felt dizzy. "I'm fine now. Whatever that was, it went away. If it comes back, I'll go in there myself, but for now…" he trailed off. "Maybe I'm just tired. I'll go to sleep now, if you don't mind. It has been a very long day."

Anakin held out a hand to help Luke up. The younger grabbed it gratefully and pulled himself up, nodding his thanks to the other man as he did so. Before Luke could head off to bed though, Anakin had a question for him.

"So who's Leia? You kept on muttering her name when you passed out and you looked a bit worried about her."

Luke sighed. Figures. He just had to let something slip out. I'm just lucky that I didn't let my mental shields fall. Then he answered his father's question with the half truths he was beginning to become accustomed to. "Leia is my sister, twin sister to be technical. She doesn't know where I am, so she's super worried."

Anakin looked sympathetic. "I wouldn't know what it feels like, but that must be horrible. Fortunately, that does explain what happened to you. Twin force-sensitives are rare, but it has happened before. They have a very strong bond according to the books in the library. Because of it, they sometimes black out when their twin feels a very strong emotion. Once trained to work with it though, the black outs will stop. It will be really hard since only you are here, but I can try. Then, you should be able to talk to her telepathically and tell her that your perfectly fine."

Luke hated to admit it, but that was a pretty good idea. "Thank you so much! Maybe we start training for that tomorrow, but for tonight, I plan on sleeping for a long time. Night!"

"Night Luke. Please make it for good this time… as you said before, it's been a long day." Anakin said.

Luke just nodded and muttered a good night. For some reason though, the elder man didn't want to leave; something in him said that he shouldn't. Finally, he snapped out of it, went to his room, and entered the world of dreams, just like Luke did a couple of doors down…

Leia's POV

Leia was fighting the urge to stay awake. Her eyes kept on drooping, she was having troubles staying awake, and she was a bit hungry to be truthful. The door opened behind her and she immediately shot up like a child being caught snoozing by a teacher in school.

"Don't worry Princess, it's just me." Said a just-as-tired-looking Han Solo.

Said princess let out a vexed sigh. "How many times have I specifically told you not, I repeat, not to call me Princess."

"One hundred and eight? Why?"

She stared at him. "First of all, seriously? You've been counting? Second of all, I told you something was up with Luke, but you said he was fine. Fine! And where are we now? Looking for him in every galaxy, every planet, every-"she was cut off by a kiss.

"First of all," he mimicked, "Yes, seriously. I have been counting. Second of all, I feel horrible for not listening. I should have at least went out to make sure that the kid hadn't got into any trouble and was just passed out by a tree somewhere. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm sorry. You were right once again."

Leia just nodded, tears filling her eyes. Han hugged her apologetically. "I'm sure we'll find him soon! But if he shows up here tomorrow completely normal with no excuses, I'm going to punch him in the face for making you cry."

She let out a soft chuckle and sighed.

"Come on. I'll make you a sandwich and then let's sleep on it. Maybe we can figure more out tomorrow, right? I'll make sure that someone talks to us if they find anything tonight, okay?" a nod. "Okay. Let's go."

Leia wiped her eyes and was about to follow him out of the room when she thought of something. If Luke somehow spoke to her through the force back when his arm was taken off by Vader, could she do the same? He did say that she was part of the Skywalker family, and the Force runs strong in all of their veins. She hated to try and be disappointed, but Leia also knew that this could be a HUGE breakthrough in the case of her missing twin.

A head poked through the door. "Are you coming Princess?"

She barely held her tongue against his "Princess" comment. "Yes. I just thought of an idea is all."

"Really? Well, you can tell it to me over some food. You know me and Chewy will help you in any way we can."

She smiled. Where did she get her amazing friends? "Okay. Let's go. I am warning you now though, it is going to sound like I went nuts!" she slowly informed him of his plan, hoping and praying that it would work…