Your Mom Is Awesome

Start from the beginning

"We're not kids, mom. And we didn't do anything to her." Logan said with a face-palm, clearly embarrassed.

"Are you Lucas's girlfriend?" The dad asked me.

"No I--"

"Jacks? Logan's?" I held back an eye roll as they kept cutting me off.

"Mom!" Kaz quickly said in anger. "She's our best friends."

The mom got up. She walk closer to me, about three inches taller than me. She started to walk around me, probably studying me. I swallowed some spit nervously.

"Don't worry, she wont bite." Kaz said with a small smile.

"You made the title of being best friends with my babies?" She asked with a brow raised.

"Well, actually she was already our best friend." Kaz smiled. "Since we were kids."

"Ok..." She said. She gave out a sigh then let out a smile. "My name is Kayla. Kayla Anderson."

I smiled back at her. "My name is Jennifer,--"

"Long name. We don't do the long name thing. How bout Jenny." She let out a chuckle. "And this is Tom."

"Sure." I snickered. Now I know where Kaz gets his humor from. Kayla is kind of cool. She's awesome, like she's still a teenager. "Nice to meet you." I shook Tom's hand.

The door than open. We see Jack and Bennet with pizza boxes. "Mom, dad?!" Bennet shouted with shock but happy at the same time.

"Hey sweetheart." She smiled giving them hugs and kisses on their forehead.

"Good to see you guys." Jack said with a small wave. He didn't even smile at all.

"What's wrong with you?" Kayla asked scrunching up her face. "Start smiling around me before I start giving ya bruises." She held up her fist with a smirk.

"Okay, okay." He chuckled.

"Good." She held back an eye roll. "Now let's eat." She said as Bennet opened up the pizza boxes.

•••

The next day.

"Knock, Knock,"

I groaned in annoyance and placed a pillow on top of my head.

"Knock, Knock,"

This time it was a little louder. I quickly got up and angrily walk down the stairs. I opened up to see Kayla. "W-What are you doing here?" I asked nervously as my voice cracked. She gave me a smile.

"To make you breakfast and out of bed." She walked in and I confusingly close the door. I guess I didn't really care because she said she was going to make me breakfast.

"But it's Sunday." I said.

"Jenny, Lucas is awake. He woke up last night." She grinned. My eyes widen and my jaws dropped. "Now go get ready." She chuckled.

I quickly ran upstairs but stopped in the middle of the stairs and looked back. "How did you know I live--"

"Kaz told me." She shrugged.

I also shrugged and ran back upstairs. I quickly showered and got dressed into a black crop top and a black, ripped high waisted jeans. I also wore my black converse and headed back down stairs.

I see Kayla sitting down on the sofa. "I thought you were making breakfast?" I asked.

"There." She point to a Dunkin Donuts paper brown bag. I confusingly grabbed it. "You like bagels right?" I nodded to answer her question.