9.3 The Midde Kid

MINI CHAPTER
*****************

-CHOI YOUNG DO-

"You are in no condition to go to out. Don't do this, please!" Mr. Min begged.

"I don't see how your opinion matters." I spat out. It was so tough to act like nothing hurt. My body was screaming in pain.

"What exactly is this place we're going to?" Mr. Min asked.

I stretched my hand out and pressed the button which brought the divider up.

"Fine! Don't listen to me!"

"Let me know when we reach, Mr. Min. I'm about to sleep."

***

"Young master, we're here." Mr. Min said as he shook me lightly. His touch was as soft as a feather.

"Yes." I grunted.

"Are you sure you want to go in alone?" Mr. Min asked me.

"If I am not out in thirty minutes, call the police." I joked.

As I stepped out, memories were freshened. Who knew that I would be brought back to this small and shabby neighbourhood?

Choi Young Do went and knocked the door. He looked around this familiar place. This house, he remembered very well. The walls were once filled with curse words spray painted by him, Kim Tan and Lee Jun. Choi Young Do still remembers the day he made a few boys urinate on the door he was knocking on right now. He remembers calling out, "Kang Tae Jun, it's time to play!"

"Ajhussi, is that you? Or is it Namjoon oppa?" A kid's voice came from inside.

"Uh, kid.. where are your brothers?" Young Do asked.

"You aren't the black tie-ajhussi!" The kid declared.

"Can you reach the door knob?" Young Do enquired.

"I can...but... I've been asked not to open the doors for strangers. Who are you?" The kid who Young Do guessed was Kang Tae Joon's younger sister, asked.

"I'm a friend of your brother."

"Namjoon oppa's?"

"No."

"Tae Joon oppa's?"

"Yes."

"He doesn't have friends. Why are you here?"

"To meet him."

"But you should have known! today is his first day at the new school. He got a scholarship! I got up in the morning to give him a good-luck card. Are you here to give him one as well?" The girl giggled.

New school? Scholarship? Typical Tae Joon.

"Darling, do you mind telling me which school does your brother go to? I shall meet him there."

"I don't actually know how to say it- oh! wait! I will write it on a paper and slide it from under the door! I remember writing the name of the school on the card! that too in English!"

"Thank you. Please go ahead."

After what felt like several minutes, a small chit of paper slid from under the door.

"There you go!"

Young Do picked up the chit and casually read it.

After that, he couldn't breathe.

"Jeguk High" The paper said in a shoddy handwriting.

****