Chapter 7

A few weeks had passed since Hana had started the new year. Nothing has changed from the first week. She was still alone, with no friends. She tried to befriend Sasha but it seems that Sasha had befriended Carrie and was friends with the other scholars that were in her class. She was just desk mates with Sasha. Just desk mates. She really hated spending recess and lunch time alone because she didn't have anyone to eat with. She just felt so lonely and it was so embarrassing to be alone. She wandered around after she ate,as usual,  trying to avoid everyone and trying hard not to see how happy everyone else were having dinner with their friends. When, just when will Hana ever make any friends this year?

There was also the issue of her friendship with Claire. She finally found out why Claire stopped hanging out with her. Apparently, Claire thinks that she herself is contributing a lot to their friendship while she, Hana, had contributed close to nothing. Yes, Hana admitted. She had indeed contributed nothing. She hadn't bought a present for Claire at all, always pretending that she had forgotten or something. Her circumstances wouldn't allow her to, because her family wasn't very rich like everyone else's? Or was it that she was too cowardly to ask her parents for some money to buy her friend a present? There was also this incident about a book, which had ended up in a big fight between them. Claire had borrowed a book from the library, which was very interesting to read. Hana had asked to share the book with her. It had turned out well at first. But after borrowing a few more books of the same series, Claire had became angry, asking Hana to borrow the books herself. It wasn't that Hana didn't want to do it. It was just that her mum didn't allow her to. Or was it that she was once again too cowardly to try to borrow a book for herself? Maybe she was really such a cowardly person, being unable to defy her parents.

She had also met her form teacher, Mr Yee. He was kind of an okay person but he was strict and a little unreasonable sometimes. Like the time when the class was discussing about getting a class tee. He was adamant about asking the class why they wanted to put a ninja on the back and the words they wanted to write on the front. Everyone couldn't understand why he did that. Because it was just meaningless. They just wanted to put what they liked on the shirt. And one more thing about him was that he was just lame at times. Seriously, some of his jokes were really lame. 

There was also the problem of the homecoming tickets. Their school had a homecoming day every year and everyone was given $50 worth of tickets to sell. Hana didn't have many friends or relatives. She didn't know how to sell them at first when she first entered the school. But luckily, the minimum amount to be sold was just $30. However, Mr Yee was apparently trying to get the whole class to sell their tickets, just to be mentioned as one of the classes that have sold all their tickets. Hana didn't care, her family wasn't that rich to buy all the tickets themselves, unlike most of her classmates who are either rich or knew a lot of people. The worse thing was that the tickets were always given before Chinese New Year, to get everyone to sell their tickets to their families. But the problem is, Hana didn't go on Chinese New Year visits like everyone else. Her parents didn't have a good relationship with their families and they hadn't seen each other for years. Hana always had to lie when her friends came back to school after the holiday asking each other how much money they had received during the holiday. 

Hana suddenly realized how different her life was from everyone else, how pathetic...Or was she the one who made her life like this? Hana didn't know...

***

Hi guys, thanks for reading my very first book! I hoped you guys liked the story. Pls keep on reading and keep voting and commenting on my books. And follow me please!

Honestly, I'm kind of sad that I have low reads for this book and I feel sad sometimes that the reads are not rising at all. But I know it's just me being impatient. So I think I'm going to set some goals before I post the next chapter. So, please help me out! 

Goals for this chapter: 8 reads, 1 vote and 1 comment

By the way, if you guys didn't know, I'm looking at updating this book every tues and sat. It's not definite yet but I'll try. And, the next update's on 24 May! See you guys soon!