Three

Day 3-Friday January 3rd 2020

Well we've made it back up to the land of the insiders, but in some ways I wish we hadn't. 

It's sad walking the streets of this place. Everyone is dressed identically almost. My feelings grew worse when it occurred to me, that this had once been my hometown before any of this. Now it was reduced to a plain boring sea of grey. I felt flashy in my black leather jacket. I started to wonder would we be caught out just by our clothing? We'd have to work on that one at some point, someone probably wouldn't miss some washing from their line would they?

We hadn't quite found a reasonable solution yet so the three of us remain in the shadows, where possible. If they're looking for us they probably have the whole city on high alert. I'm almost surprised that we haven't come across some kind of wanted poster or sign incriminating us. That's what they usually do. When someone escaped right before we were caught I remember the posters everywhere,  the frequent bulitens informing the public about the escape. I couldn't help but think we were totally unprepared for that.

Will's sitting on his laptop typing away. I'm scared that the signal will lead them straight to us, but he keeps assuring Dan and I that he's put the appropriate systems in place so that it won't. He knows what he's doing, I'm sure we're just overacting. It's an awful feeling knowing that someone is after you though. 

Dan's working on getting some kind of communication set up with some of the outsiders back at the camp but so far we're not having much luck so I guess right now all I can do is document our progress and hope something works out. 

 Chrissy <3

*

Also Day 3-Friday January 3rd 2020

Alright. We think we've found the pieces to help us find the location of the suitcase that we're looking for. 

Will's search has lead us to a seemingly abandoned warehouse in the middle of the business  district. We've spent hours pouring over the place. The real jackpot was the maps that we found, just lying there for the taking. Red markers on possible locations where the suitcase would be. Each map is slightly different though. At first I thought that this was too easy, someone had laid these out for us so that we'd been caught. Until I spotted a notebook on the table though that suggested someone had been researching this before us. Dan's been scanning over it, but so far it doesn't give much clue to the identity of it's author. It does explain some of the security systems placed on the area that the suitcase is located though but doesn't actually say where they think it might be. 

It makes me wonder if someone was ever to find this what they might discover about us. Perhaps writing in here is a mistake, but I want someone to know what happened to us in the future. Maybe someone might find what's in here and it'll help us like the notebook we've found if we can no longer continue with this.   

I've also found some carvings in the table. People's initials I think, by the way their writing was with dots separating the two initials. I can't help but think these are related to the notebook and the map somehow.  Had they been caught though? Dan was still reading over the notebook, I wonder if the final page answered some of that. I'm tempted to grab the book from him, but it's best to be patient. The three of us have to work together if we want to do this. Dan's the quickest reader so it's best he does it.....

Wait, Will's found something. His pointing at the book wildly. I better go see what he's found...... 

*********************

Could this really be it?

This last message seems so sure on where the suitcase is. I wonder if these people already found it and were caught. If they found it, what did they use it for? It clearly didn't do them much good. 

It's not the right time to go searching for it yet, we're all exhausted and we only have a scrap of a plan. Hopefully tomorrow, we'll find it.  Then perhaps we'll finally start to make some real progress. I'm tired of running. 

Chrissy <3

A/N: I finally updated this!  I realised I had another part ready to go but hadn't posted it. Enjoy!  :)