Two

Day 2-Thursday January 2nd 2020

I can't believe it.  It almost seems like this isn't real. We're out and still alive.
We managed to escape yesterday, honestly, it wasn't easy. Guards lined the front gates and everything in between.  We almost gave up. Then Will worked out a way to destruct a camera or two. Which gave us clearcpaths out as the guards worked out how to get the cameras back up.

Now we're out here though I'm not so sure of what we're doing anymore. Our world has changed so rapidly.

Music is dead. The thing I'd grown up with, the thing that would always get me through has been replaced by an eerie sonic reptitive beat.

It was still music I suppose but I couldn't stand for it. This was all we were allowed to listen to, anything that deviated from this one base of song was considered creativity. That's how you got yourself in the outsiders camp. How we did.

I'm starting to have my doubts, even if we were to find it, would it be the way to fix everything? Is everyone truly stuck in this world without creativity no matter what we do. What can three nineteen year olds really do to fix this?   

It may seem impossible but at least we have to try. The way the world is now, I can't bare to see it continue like this. 

Right now I'm bunkered down with Will and Dan. At least we have each other. It's cold here, it feels almost like we haven't left the outsiders camp.  It was never warm there, we never had enough supplies for warm blankets.We were creative though, on the coldest nights we huddled together in groups until the guards pulled us away thinking we were plotting something rather than staying warm.  

It makes me laugh to think that they thought we were that stupid. When we plotted things, we had much better methods. Secret hideaways long forgotten by the insiders that ruled this world before us. I don't think they worked out that by putting highly intelligent and imaginative people together that they'd find a way to outsmart them. 

Right now I hear a noise; heavy footprints against the ground above us. I hear yelling. They're searching for us. They know that we have escaped. All I can hope is that we'll eventually out run them. I don't want to know what they'll do when they catch us. Our society has rules, and right now it seems we have to be hell-bent on breaking them.   

Chrissy <3