Split Second

"Baby I'm home!" I called out to her as I entered my bedroom.
"Welcome home, Daddy."
"You miss me?"
"Every second you're gone. Where are my pads?"

I handed her the box and she took off into the bathroom. I heard the shower start running and sighed. I wanted nothing more than to hold her and fall asleep but I'm tired now and she's gonna be at least an hour. I got up and cracked the door to the bathroom.

"Baby, how long are you gonna be? It's hard to sleep when you're here and not in my arms..."
"Not long. I'll be out in a little while." She responded.

I could see the silhouette of her body through the  steamy glass shower doors. I bit my lip as I was standing there, taking in the view. Everything about her drives me crazy. I'm deep in love with this one. She stepped out of the shower and started to dry herself off. She locked eyes with me for a second.

"What, babe?" She asked.
"Nothing...I just love you."
"I love you too..."
"Hurry up so we can go to bed."

She nodded in reply. I left her in the bathroom. It wasn't long before Cara joined me in bed smelling like bath and body works. I pulled her close and immediately was ready to sleep. Something about her body pressed against mine makes me feel secure. I'll marry her, I swear.

4 Weeks Later
Cara

"Go be with the bitch, Chris. Deadass don't fucking talk to me."
"Why you cussing at me and shit. I already told you what was going on."
"You never said you were seeing her hoe ass!"
"Stop callin her out her name!"
"I saw the text messages, stupid nigga! I know she's been calling me out mine for a while!"
"Watch your fuckin tone when you talk to me!"
"WHO THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU TALKING TO NIGGA I WILL GUT YOU LIKE A FUCKING FRESH FISH! WHICH, BY THE WAY, THAT BITCH SMELLS LIKE!"
"LISTEN TO ME. YOU BETTER PIPE THE FUCK DOWN!"
"PIPE DOWN MY MOTHERFUCKIN LEFT AREOLA! YOU BEEN SEEING THAT FUCKING SLUT FOR ALMOST A MONTH! A MONTH! I COULD LITERALLY FUCKING KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!"
"Bitch don't be mad cause your pussy wasn't enough to keep him." She smirked.

I froze. This bitch just made so many mistakes. I grabbed the nearest object to me and chucked it at her head. It happened to be her own stiletto. She dodged it but I had already jumped on her. I had her on the floor, throwing punch after punch, connecting with her face.

"FIRST OF ALL, BITCH. YOU STAY IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING LANE. SECOND. YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH TALKING TO ME. I'M NOT ONE OF THESE LIL GIRLS YOU PLAY WITH IN THE STREETS. I. WILL. KILL. YOU."

Chris pulled me off of her and dragged me away, kicking and screaming. I was seeing red. When he finally let me go I attacked him, punching him in his stomach. He doubled over, coughing, his arms wrapped around his abdomen.

"A MONTH."

I stormed out, landing one last kick in that bitch's side before slamming the door behind me. Kicking her ass wasn't a part of the plan, but neither was him almost fucking her. She wasn't even supposed to be in his house. My anger had been building since I saw her nude in his phone. But a week ago she found my number and started sending me photos of herself and Chris. Today was my breaking point when she sent me a photo of him sleeping beside her in his bed. Then I found out exactly how long it had been going on. How many time's she'd been here. How many time she's driven his car. Though she says she hasn't slept with him. That's not my point though. She has been in the bed that we made love in. And not only that, but she was wearing my fucking clothes. That's too far past the tipping point.

Let me explain what happened

Explain my ass. I'm not in the
right frame of mind for this
shit right now.

I swear I didn't touch her

Give a FUCK. SHE. WAS.
WEARING. MY. CLOTHES.
SHE WAS IN THE BED WE
MADE LOVE IN. YOU
BROUGHT HER HOME. YOU
SHOULD HAVE NEVER
BROUGHT HER THERE.

Okay, let's calm down. I will
explain everything to you once
you're ready to listen.

I was not hearing it. I didn't go home. I pulled up to Yasmyn's apartment and blew the horn. She opened the door. I turned my car off and followed her inside.

"Whoa, damn. Haven't seen you in a minute. What's wrong?"
"Just having guy trouble."
"What happened, boo?"
"It's not something I should share. Can I just crash here for a while? I got a feeling he'll be looking for me if I go home."
"Yeah, sure. No problem. What the hell happened to your hand!?"
"Got in a fight."
"He didn't hit you did he!?"
"What!? Hell no he didn't hit me. He's not that type of guy."
"Who were you fighting?"
"Somebody who stepped out of line with me. Girl I don't wanna talk about it."
"I guess. Let me clean up that hand for you."
"It's just some scratches."
"That have a high chance of getting infected if not treated properly."
"I forgot you started going to nursing school."
"Yeah."

She hurried to a closet in her hallway and found a first aid kit. When she came back, she kneeled in front of me and started to treat my wounds. Once I was all bandaged up she sat next to me and we chatted for a while until it was late. She showed me to her guest room and told me I could stay as long as I wanted. I thanked her when she brought me an extra blanket and she went back into her room to sleep.