Chapter 30 - My Blood

Start from the beginning

"What does he talk about?" I ask awkwardly. 

"He wonders how you're doing, if you're happy with the man you're with and if everything's okay with you." He smiles, probably remembering something. I was about to bug him into telling me but before I even got to it, he spoke, as if he was reading my mind. "He sometimes thinks about what he could've done to make you his." 

I sink, feeling the guilt rise to my throat once more. I didn't think it would take him this long to get over someone. It's been at least four weeks, a month, and he still thinks about me. I thought he didn't really care? I thought he was hopping around from person to person finding the one? Before I paid attention to him, I'd always hear that Eric was dating a different girl almost every couple of months. Why would he take so long to get over me and find someone else? 

He will, eventually, right? He has to. He can't do anything about the situation. 

"He's still doing great in basketball practice," He adds. "So that you'd feel less guilty." 

I guess that helped. 

We take a seat on one of the tables for two near the water fountain, only noticing that Jordan's dark jeans were actually ripped. He sat light a straight guy, opening his legs as he slumped down his chair while I leaned over, placing my elbows on the table. I didn't really like it when boys would sit with their legs wide open, I didn't know it was such a turn off until I saw some guys doing it. 

As ironic as it is, I didn't find it attractive, it was like they're showing off what they've got and they were just waiting for someone to come by and inquire about the business. It was okay for me for a guy to sit with his legs open, that's a natural thing for us to do since we're packing something down there and sitting with our legs closed is quite uncomfortable, but opening them too wide was a no-no for me, and with Jordan, he was fine. 

"Alright." He says, placing his empty Starbucks cup down on the table. "Let's play a game. We're gonna go back and forth saying something that the other doesn't know about us. So I'm going to tell you something that you probably don't know about me and then you go. Got it?" 

I nod. 

"I've seen most of the varsity boys naked." 

Well, that's a start.

I roll my eyes. It was something I've suspected for him to do but never really thought about it, so I guess he gets away with that one. 

"Even Eric?" I ask through my squinted, seemingly disgusted eyes.

He nods. I was about to follow up with one more question but I mentally reprimanded myself, telling my brain not to let my curiosity get the best of me. You probably know what question I was going to ask, but I won't tell you either way. 

"Uhh," I stutter. "Dylan's my first boyfriend." 

I see him cock his eyebrow. "But what about that boy from last year?" 

I cringe, remembering what happened. It's what I've told you before, I had a crush on this straight guy last year and gave him a valentine's gift. After that, he started avoiding me, like full on avoiding me to the point where he'd have to reroute his path if I was in his way. 

"It was just a crush." I take a sip of my drink before putting it down on the table. "It didn't go so well." 

"Obviously." He huffs. He nibbles on his bottom lip as he slouches over the table, elbows propped on it. "I am not a virgin." He says, looking at me dead in the eyes as if there was some kind of subliminal message about the Illuminati or some shit. People at my school think I'm in the Illuminati just because my favorite shape is a triangle and to this day, I still don't know whether they were joking or not.