c h a p t e r : 10

"This is the Beckham residence. You cannot reach the phone right now, so please leave a message after the tone."

"Hi Mom and Dad... This is Lilli. I was just calling to tell you that I won't make it home for Christmas." 

---

The Christmas mood was in the air.

Lilli loved Christmas. The twinkling christmas lights, the fancy mugs, the ugly sweaters, the eggnog, the carols - Everything brightened Lilli's spirits on christmas. It was her first time not spending Christmas in Gotham. Lilli was pretty happy about not facing christmas muggers. Christmas muggers were the worst. Always expecting to steal something nice, if we had something nice we wouldn't carry it around with us.

Lilil snuggled up closer to Barry and sighed. The two were enjoying hallmark christmas movies on Lilli's couch while sipping on hot chocolates.

"I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year. After my birthday, of course. But all the cheer," Lilli smiled "Is pretty darn cool."

Barry flashed her his killer smile.

"I gotta say I love Christmas too."

Lilli took a sip of her hot chocolate. "Jade and I used to host Santa hunts... We would invite a bunch of friends over and hunt for Santa... Most of the time is was just me and Jade. I liked it that way too. We are, uh, we were super close. She moved to Starling awhile back and I've barely spoken to her, let alone see her! I'm sure she's busy with the Queen and Wayne merger though. That's tough business."

"Sorry," surprised Barry spoke, "Did you say Queen? Like as in Oliver Queen?"

Lilli set her santa mug on the table and laid her head on Barry's chest. "Yeah, why?"

Barry started to stroke his fingers through Lilli brown locks and mumbled "No reason."

"My family loves to spend Christmas with each other. Although lately we haven't been. I called and told them I wouldn't be making it home this year. Gotham's pretty far away and all."

Barry nodded.

"Yeah..." He trailed off.

Then something went off in his head and his eyes brightened. "Hey, since you're not going back to Gotham, maybe you could spend Christmas with me, Joe, and Iris?"

"Joe and Iris?"

"Oh and Eddie."

Lilli narrowed her eyes at him and smiled. "I'm missing something here."

Barry's eyes widened. "Oh, yeah, sorry! Joe is my adoptive father and Iris is pretty much my sister... They're my family."

Lilli smiled wider. "I'd love to spend Christmas with you and your family."