c h a p t e r : 5

Obsidian:
noun
A hard, dark, glasslike volcanic rock formed by the rapid solidification of lava without crystallization.

In Lilli's case, her newest identity kept secret.

Lilli stood in her bathroom, taking off all the makeup to help keep that identity secret. She tugged off the dark purple wig and plopped onto the toilet seat. Lilli's everything was sore, and she had a small cut above her eyebrow. Dammit, criminals.

Lilli felt more comfortable making jumps - she nearly perfected manipulating blank space. It was simple. All Lilli needed to do was think of somewhere or something and opening the door in front of her. Poof! She would be standing where she had planned to go.

A buzz cut through the silence. Lilli pressed a piece of toilet paper to her bleeding eyebrow, and ran to her ringing iPhone. It was an unfamiliar number, but Lilli hit answer anyways.

"Hello?" She asked a little skeptically.

"Oh! H-Hi Lilli. This is Barry. Barry Allen."

Lilli let out a little smile but covered it with her palm

Lilli let out a little smile but covered it with her palm. "Hello Barry with an A, what brings you to call me this fine day."

Lilli rolled her eyes at her response and then waited for Barry's.

"I was just thinking, I never got to pay you back for the ice cream that I spilt all over your shirt."

"That's a shame."

"So, I was thinking I could take you out... To, y'know, get some ice cream."

"That's sounds swell, Barry."

"So that's a yes? Cool! Meet me at Stan's Creme at 2:00 tomorrow?"

"I betcha I'll beat you there."

"Oh, I doubt that."

Lilli let out a little laugh. "See you later."

"Bye!"

Lilli pressed end and shaked her head at the short conversation with a small smile. Now all she had to do was not wear a white shirt.

~~~~

Lilli showed up at 2:00 just as Barry had told her to do. It was a sunny cloudless kinda day, the anticipation for summer was big. Lilli took a seat on a painted red bench and looked and studied all the people passing by. She had jumped to the small ice cream parlor of course - she was getting quite good at it if Lilli could say so herself. The look people gave her when she "appeared out of nowhere" was priceless.

Lilli decided to put the crime stopping on a hold today. She had been waiting for another Barry encounter for awhile now. Lilli quickly shot Jade a text telling her about the ice cream outing with Barry, not expecting a response. A slight breeze caught Lilli by surprise and she glanced up.